Chapter 6 - Hospitalized

(A/N): Hey all! Writer here with a few notes and remarks.

About Chapter 5; I've received some comments on it during the time of writing this short snippet. I promise you will read Chapter 6 soon!

I've come to a decision that'll definitely be a partisan split for support. After re-reading Chapter 1, I realized this concept of a dream was already in the works long before I made the sudden change in Chapter 5.

TL;DR of what happened w/in Chapter 1 that is substantial to my reasoning: You, the reader, fall asleep and into a dream about the whole school debacle with Ahri.

So what, you may ask? You woke up from that dream. I'm stretching it, but what if I said that you never woke up? Dream-ception? Eh, amirite?

Whatever. Some of you have already clicked off and reported this story for blatant breaking of the fourth wall, a shitty author who makes a bunch of excuses. But I want this to be more unique than a story where (Y/N), Ahri, and the others live happily ever after from one chapter of angst. If anything is to satisfy those who disagree, I might make another K/DA story that's more tailored to that in the future. So far, this is my main project, my main work.

More will be explained about why you dreamed for so long in this chapter. Pretty simple reason. Enjoy!

*** ***** ****

...

...

...

...

What happened?

A searing sensation of pain shocks the entirety of your right arm, seizing and relaxing periodically.

"Doctor!"

Lacking your key senses, all you can make out are muffled words and gibberish through the low-pitch ringing in your ears. You try to focus on them, taking deep breaths in and out to regain some oxygen, in the pleading hopes that it would help.

You make a stupid attempt to open your eyes, only to be met with a bright white light instantly enflaming your iris and cornea. Shutting them tightly, you squint to try and adjust.

"He's awake?"

As words become increasingly clear to you, you slowly move your torso, legs, and arms - the sensation of touch returning to your body. A warm numbness next appears on your right forearm, the slight pressure of someone prodding that area helping to regain some of your lost touch receptors.

Everything was aching, sore beyond belief. You found yourself barely able to gather the strength to sit up as you'd normally do. But as the cloudiness of your vision begins to fade, your sight beginning to handle the spontaneous and heavy influx of white light, you manage to spot a few figures huddled closely around you.

Endlessly trapped as if you were being examined by a surgeon or family members surrounding a coffin for its last descent into the grave, you try to escape by forcing yourself up to take a more natural seated position. You lash out in a surge of pain as a sharp-pointed object rips from your body, one of the figures quickly rushing to the escaped needle while the others held you down in concern.

"Calm down, it's okay," a soothing voice cut through the ringing of the machinery. "Lay down for me."

Complying, you quietly lay in silence, allowing the jolt of pain to escape from your body, leaving another massive ache and feeling of soreness in its wake.