Chapter 12 - Revelations

*** ***** ***

Quick Note: Parts of this chapter may be revised in the future based on future plot and storyline plus for any minor fixes and wordplay touch-ups.

*** ***** ***

Cold, muddy, thorny...

Fewer words could be used to describe the patch of grass you laid stoically on. Lost greatly in your own thoughts; with so much going on; with the revelations that had come from yesterday's conversation still plaguing the very depths of your mind - you knew the next few days were probably going to be the most important in your life.

For the better or the worse - you, as always, didn't know.

You let out a quiet yawn, tired and fatigued. You hadn't gotten much sleep the night previous, as common as an occurrence that had always been.

Opening your eyes just a smidge, your eyes wandered up and stared idly at the overcast sky. Voluminous yet dull grey clouds overhung you - and as a matter of fact, the whole downtown park area where you laid.

That's pretty good foreshadowing, you quietly think to yourself, chuckling. What a cliché.

...

...

...

Your mind now turned to what laid ahead. Or more specifically, who laid ahead.

Ahri...

She was the butter to your toast, the snow to your mountain, the mate to your soul. Yet, deep down in the very pits of your heart, something felt off. You weren't sure if it was from the betrayal or just an at-odds feeling you now had knowing she had played off that dream as reality, a facade that had created unnecessary secrets, destroying what seemed a promising bond.

Yet, was that really the end all be all?

You knew she loved you; you knew you loved her. Why make it any more difficult?

But of course, came the question of another girl that came into your life. 

Seraphine...

What about Seraphine?

She had made her feelings known, clear and loud to you. It simply wasn't just a master-apprentice, mentor-protégé relationship - in fact, you weren't sure if it even was that in the beginning. Were you friends? No doubt. Relationship? Very complicated...

Could you just give that up because you were chasing what was literally "tail"? Because, surely, there was no place for multiple women in your life - you knew you would barely be able to handle one, let alone two.

Then again...

You shake your head, a faint blush subsiding from your cheeks. Was it a dumb idea? Yes.

But was it tenable?

It could be...

Polyamorous relationships weren't all that uncommon in Piltover. Sure, they were rare, but who was stopping anyone from marrying one while having multiple partners or not marrying at all for that matter? It was certainly more of a moral issue but morality never stopped you. You had faced down some gruesome and dark thoughts before.

"Whatever..." you cross off the thought, putting it on the back burner. You didn't come all the way to downtown Piltover to get cold feet, did you?

Deciding to give yourself a bit more rest, you lay silently on the cold, yet warming, grass clearing. The clouds had dissipated off, the sun finally out for you for the first time in a long while.