Chapter 10 - Dreams and Destiny Incarnate

(A/N): Whoa, it's been a minute. Hopefully, all of you are holding up well. I certainly am trying - I've got finals in a week :(

Enough of me, however - this chapter is certainly a spicy one. I'll let you find out without spoiling much, but needless to say, there is no mistake. I can read - Ahri did win that poll two chapters ago.

But a quick Seraphine tidbit was certainly in order before she was going to get shelved for the time being. I'll micromanage how that'll work out when it comes - but I have an idea.

Also...nah, I won't say. You'll find out soon enough.

Hope you enjoy the chapter. See you (hopefully) at the end~!

*** ***** ***

Fate...

...

...

...

Destiny...

It felt the same...

You released an enormous sigh, closing the screen of your laptop before stretching out your arms and legs after hours of lying backside down - motionless and stuck pondering your new reality. Taking off your headphones, you set them to the side and stand up to the cracking of stiff joints.

Your eyes darted around your small studio apartment - your bubbly pink-haired roommate nowhere to be seen.

Probably off celebrating, you think to yourself. After all, the recent release was a massive milestone in what you hoped to be a long and successful career.

A light smile formed on your face - it only suddenly struck you the impact of it all. Sure, it was her voice, her song. But, and as she had reprimanded you before on, taking a slice of the credit wasn't all too bad. It was like refusing to eat the cake on your birthday - that is, you wouldn't know since you had never been thrown a celebration of your annual day of birth.

"Maybe..." a few thoughts ran through your head, all centered around something special you could do celebrating Seraphine's cover release.

With little hesitation, you dashed over to the kitchen countertop, snatching your keys as they rattled in your hand. You slung a coat over your shoulders as well, reaching into the deep pockets before fishing out your wallet. Not much was allotted for you to spend - after all, there was a strict budget that had to be maintained. But enough saving gave you the ability to ever so often, if at all ever, to buy an item out of want instead of need.

And who knows? Maybe she'd appreciate the gesture.

*** ***** ***

Briefly exhaling as the chimes of a clattering doorbell filled your ears, your nose is met warmly with the aroma of nutty coffee grounds and sweetly baked goods. It was always nice to know you were somewhere safe from the outside - at any time, in this neighborhood, who could ever know when a passerby would mug you for everything you had?

To your very surprise, as you eyed your noisy surroundings left and right, it wasn't your eyes playing tricks on you. More people were sat down on the window counter stools and dining booths than you had ever seen. What gave?

You walked up to the main counter, expected to be greeted by an early friend and the owner of the small café - but well, she had been nowhere to be seen. You gave it a few minutes - after all, you didn't risk your life walking on the sidewalk to not get anything.