Chapter 9 - Recognition

(A/N): Well, can't say I'm surprised. It's been a while but if you forgot or don't read these author's notes - because I mean, who does? - I've been settling into this new college life of mine. If you don't follow me (which you should totally do), I announced that this chapter will be out before mid-October. Hopefully, I lived up to it! (praying)

And the results from the previous poll...

...

...

@akiio_official!

12-6, I believe? At the time of writing this.

Again, I'm going to reinforce the proposition - Seraphine is not going to magically disappear. But as popular as Seraphine is, I had a feeling Ahri was going to win out first dibs on the romance arc. Doesn't mean it's going to be smooth sailing from here on out though...

Anyways, I've been waffling on for too long now! Enjoy the chapter!

*** ***** ***

"Let's go with..."

You bring your weakened right arm back into your short sleeves, wiping down the phone's screen with the fabric of your shirt before tip-tapping the letters as they appeared, filling out the space which would occupy as your handle.

Such a decision had to be made through the carefulness of consensus and silent argument. The many voices in your head couldn't have been all in agreement, but such was the price to pay for a many-emotioned soul.

"What do you think?"

Seraphine, brushing her vibrant pink locks, pivots her head and locks eyes with the new profile - a whopping zero posts, zero followers, and zero accounts followed. Her eyes slightly droop, her reaction making it clear that she wasn't completely thrilled that you hadn't gone for her recommendation, but nonetheless flashes you a brief smile and returns to her bubbly self.

"Cool! Now all that's left to do is make a similar one for Twitter, then maybe - just maybe, will you earn some recognition for your musical prowess, hmm?" she snatches your phone from your hands again, launching the new Twitter app.

You sigh. What was with her and invading your privacy?

Anyhoo...her hands worked their magic - something you had to marvel at. She made quick work of filling the information in before adding her own flair to the page, designing the page in such a way that it popped out to the end user. You had to applaud her knowledge of how to work such foreign technology, consequently also taking the need to berate yourself for being such a boomer.

"Perfect! Here you go~," she passes you back your phone with a sing-songy voice before standing up, combing her fingers through her hair. You take a quick glance at your very first professional page - a neat little bio accompanying your username with your contact information. Okay...Seraphine finding out about your email the minute she had created your page - it was awfully scary how quickly her fingers could move on a screen without you noticing.

"Wow..."

Seraphine giggles, her hands tugging out hair knots.

"Isn't it great, hu-OW!"

Seraphine's painful shriek causes you to flinch. You shift all your attention towards her, seeing kinks of her vibrant hair knotted around the hand she had been combing with. You grasp her hand, slowly beginning to brush through her pink knots while subconsciously interlocking and squeezing her hand with yours. With your priority solely on getting rid of the entanglement, it was unbeknownst to you that a specific area of Seraphine had been searing up in flames.