How to Fall in Love

Copyright © 2013-present by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

         This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

P L E A S E  R E A D :

This romantic comedy will be dramatic at a time earlier than what is classically accepted, as this story contains satirical elements. That's the epicenter of its humorthe satire. You'll be surprised multiple times, and you'll be frustrated with the characters tons. There's an arc early in the story that doesn't seem to make sense, and there are suspicious employers. There's a lot of reading between the lines that sometimes the lines overlap until there's no more left to read.

There are many kinks in the story, some of which I'd like to revamp and others I'd like to replace with more meaningful text. But that's for later.

So this is a warning. If you read on from here, the writing will irritate you, the characters will infuriate you, and the plot arcs will confuse you. Should you choose to read on, don't say I didn't warn you :P

TL;DR: This is a satire with several problematic undertones, written way back in 2013 by a clueless teenager. Proceed with utmost caution.

P.S. But if you're cute and you want to read about cute people, you can try my 2023 contemporary romance, Nice to (Re)Meet You, which is more mature, and I'd say better written, than this one. It's already up on my profile, but here's a quick little teaser:

❝Yanna is struggling to move on from her amnesiac ex. That is, until she (re)meets her high school rival and sworn nemesis, Zeke, who's even more devilishly attractive than before.

So when he devises a plan for her to forget her ex, she, well—she can't say no.❞

❀❃❀❃❀

b l u r b

[  h o w  t o  f a l l  i n  l o v e  ]

          Meet Mia: The twenty year old frustrated writer hermit who can't get published. Apparently, she has a knack for cracking computer codes, but that's not enough to keep her landlord from kicking her out when she hasn't paid her rent for four consecutive months. With no friends to help her out and not enough money to last her a day, where does she go?

          Meet Finn: The cold, expressionless, young business bachelor, heir to tycoon company Laurel-Tech. He only cares about business, business, and business. Don't step in his way, unless of course you have a death wish.

          When these two meet thanks to a coffee shop and a younger cousin who should really receive a whack on the head, sparks fly . . . of the why'd you spill coffee all over me/you are so going to regret what you did kind.

          They're worlds apart, and this isn't high school, so how the hell did Mia end up renting Finn's mansion? And—hold your breath—becoming his fake girlfriend?

          Find out in none other than the romantic comedy—How to Fall in Love.

[THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY ENTITLED "You've Fallen for Me."]

First reached #1 in Humor on July 6, 2015.

Won Best Humor Book in The Fiction Awards 2016.

Featured by Cadbury (Marvellous Creations) and Secret Lives of the Americans (Pivot).

Previous Cast:

Zooey Deschanel as Mia Lockheart

James Franco as Finn Laurel

Topher Grace as Alex Laurel

Chris Pine as Miles Royal

Current Cast:

Ashley Benson as Mia Lockheart

Francisco Lachowski as Finn Laurel

Sam Claflin as Alex Laurel

Dave Franco as Miles Royal

Potential Cast*

Bianca Fischer as Mia Lockheart (TEMPORARY)

Jan Aeberhard as Finn Laurel (TEMPORARY)

Darwin Gray as Alex Laurel (TEMPORARY)

Ivan Dorschner as Miles Royal

*Note: This is for a potential rewrite of the story.

Piggy's Corner:

The cute and amazing trailer above is made by @hahaxlol. ☜(*▽*)☞

Myka xo

STARTED: February 2013

COMPLETED: April 2015

July 27, 2015: HTFIL was unpublished, and when it was brought back, unfortunately, on almost all of the chapters, my formatting and inline comments disappeared (bye-bye to the OG 2013-2015 inline comments) :'c

For updates, chickens crossing the road, and bananas talking to themselves, follow me on Twitter and IG :'>