How to Fall in Love (44)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Hey, loves! How've you been doing this holiday season? Christmas has passeddid you enjoy yours? I hope you've gotten a lot of gifts valuable to you and enjoyed the love spread by the people around you. You deserve all that, and more! :)

Thank you for reading 43 chapters of HTFIL! Because I wanted a chapter out before 2015, I made sure to updatehence the existence of Chapter 44. It's not as jam-packed as I would have usually tried to make a chapter be, but it's inclusive of a heartfelt apology that I knew we, and Mia, have been deprived of.

I hope you'll like this chapter! My next update, which would probably be in January (but who knows, maybe it would be right before January), would definitely be interesting and #Fia packed, that I assure you. You could rat me out to the Writing Gods if I fail you. ;)

Dedicated to Jessica (@xxNightStarsxx), bc duh, she's so amazing. Thank you for your support! :) To the right (or above) is "Sledgehammer" by Fifth Harmony, which fits Mia's emotions just fine.

Have a Happy New Year, rad, rad, rad peeps of the world! Relish the firework show; and be the person you want to be. :)

Your #Fia Captain,

Myka

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  f o r t y - f o u r

[  h o w  t o  p l a y  w i t h  f i r e  ]

          I stirred from the feeling of something warm against my cheek.

When I opened my eyes, I realised what the warm thing was.

It was Finn—my cheek was resting on his left shoulder, and somehow my body was pressed up against his, whilst his was against the backseat door. My direct line of sight was the back of the passenger seat, its black leather glinting from the sun reflected off by the dark tint of the window; and it was at that moment that I realised the car we were in was not moving, and it seemed as though there was no driver present.

I tried to recall what happened—I went to Laurel-Tech, paparazzi hassled me, and I hopped inside Finn's Lamborghini. After that . . . Finn said the word mansion, and it was the last thing I remembered before I fell asleep.

Finn had La Italy Townhouse since he was young; when his uncle, Alex's father, took him in as his own, Finn took over the business and made it the way Laurel-Tech was at present. When he had enough cash to back him up, he built himself a mansion, vowing to renovate La Italy Townhouse into the mansion his mother had always envisioned.

I remembered that certain tale of his; he'd mentioned it to me some time back. I'd found it noble of him, to make the dream of a person he'd last seen when he was eight years old come true. He was his own kind of hero, with no need of a sable cape weapon, for his golden heart was enough.