How to Fall in Love (43)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Hello, amazing peeps of the world! How have you been? :)

Happy Holidays! You gave me the best Wattpad Christmas present ever: getting HTFIL ranked as #6 in Humor. Unmitigated awesomeness, you. ;) Thank you!!!

To the right is the cute and lovely trailer made by @trulyhisbella, to which this chapter is dedicated, featuring the current title and cast of the story (thank you!) Coincidentally, you can listen to "Say You Like Me" by We The Kings for this chapter, and stare at Francisco Lachowski with his smexy self staring right back at ya. [le wink]

Here's to making 2015 if not the best year then one of the best in our lives! Be the person you want to be. :)

Your #Fia Captain,

Myka

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  f o r t y - t h r e e

[  h o w  t o  h o l d  h e r  h a n d  ]

          Fendler's Publishing had promised me three things.

One, I would be featured on their official webpage, Facebook page, and Twitter account for one year; two, $10,000 would be sent to my bank account; and three, I had the option to publish the piece that won their contest, 'The Chronicles of Dating.'

After being flustered by Miles last night with his winding words which proved him to be the most Challuring man I knew, I headed to Fendler's Publishing Centre to sign the contract that would seal the deal with the publication of my book. The Contract Airplane flew without any turbulence, sailing like an airboat in the atmosphere reachable by meteors—and whilst the paperback would be available in bookstores by February of the next year, my name was already on Fendler's official pages, and $10,000 had already been deposited to my bank account.

The latter was the very reason why, on the same night, I resigned from Inchi's Bubble Tea, much to Ms. Inchi Kayuzaka's lip-pouting sadness; I already had a couple of green bills to bring with me to Birmingham—and I didn't want to overwork myself by waitressing during the weekend so as to avoid having a replay of my fever last Monday. I didn't want to buy over-the-counter pills again, and get taken care of by—

Finn.

I closed my eyes, losing the sight of immaculate cream walls lit by LED lights with it being superseded by unmitigated darkness. I stayed still, on the steel seat situated in front of a room in Fischer's Medical Hospital, for I didn't know how long and had no plans of moving, having relished the eerie tranquillity provided by the action, until my mother's voice cut through the stillness.