How to Fall in Love (14)

Copyright © 2013 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Short Note:

I'm upset with this chapter I think I'm gonna cry. This chapter was so raw but I'm t i r e d and I'm gonna have to edit it subsequently anyway. A new male character gets introduced. I hope you'll like it! :D

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  f o u r t e e n

[  h o w  t o  b e  a  c r y b a b y  ]

          The moment I got out of the dressing room, I collapsed into the ground, the thick sound-suppressing curtains adjoining me, as I cried out in pain.

Pour. Pour. Pour. Eliminate all those tears. The memories. The thoughts. The ideas and the dreams and the emotions. Everything summing up Finn Laurel, CEO of Laurel-Tech, washed away by the sinewy waves.

Gone. Forgotten. Never to return.

My job—my one true purpose—was never fulfilled, but there was nothing I could do. I'd failed. Now, I had to move on.

I stood up, albeit on shaky toes, and felt my way out the alleyway. I ignored the flourishing voice of the host who was back up the stage announcing something I had no business in whatsoever—just running, dashing, darting away from the musical theater until I came about the foyer of the theater, filled with more people this time than the first time I'd seen it. Maybe there was something showing in the cinema. Maybe it was the Titanic 3D Alex was talking about earlier.

Oh, god. Alex.

I've seen the way he looks at you.

Stop it, brain, I reproached firmly. Stop remembering Ara's words and actually considering that Alex looks at you in a way he shouldn't. Who knows, maybe Ara meant a different thing. Or you misunderstood. Or maybe she was just looking at Alex in the wrong way at the wrong time.

Who was to say she was completely reliable in the first place?

I bit my lip. Goddamnit, I was being awful. I shook my head, inwardly apologizing to Ara for scorning her in my mind.

"Oh, goodness. Did you see her?"

"Her eyes are smeared red. Must have been something horrible."

"Where did she come from? The concert?"

I bit my lip even harder, closing my eyes briefly. God, I was an idiot. Why did I expose myself in an open field when my face was probably burning bright like that ball in the sky again? Could someone tell me? Please? I was probably too out of myself right now, ruffled and flustered and nonplussed beyond comparable corrigible belief. Must have been a sight for people to behold.