How to Fall in Love (18)

Copyright © 2013 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Thank you. Thank you for being patient, understanding, for being awesome and brill and fab. I wish I could be as cool as you. ^_^

In return, I'm going to make Mia's moments with Finn after Attraction perfect. I'm not able to write perfect, but I'm trying.

I hope you have a magnificent day ahead, lovelies. :) See you again soon?

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka

P.S. Dedication goes to the beautiful citydrunk for the stunning banner above! You're rad, girl ;) Thank you! <3

Recap:

And there, seeing as I couldn't lift my feet softly even if I sold my body parts to animals (what), I found out that there was someone, sat rather lavishly on the living room sofa, remote control in hand, who was watching some business ad. Actually, a particular business ad, showcasing a panel of IT people.

Mystery person turned around at the sound of my feet, and it struck me with stark nausea how I, indeed, knew this person in person.

And all it took was one word.

My name.

"Mia."

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  e i g h t e e n

[  h o w  t o  s p e n d  y o u r  b i r t h d a y  ]

          "Alex!" I very nearly squeaked.

The man in question stretched his lips in a smile, but there was something different this time, a recipe gone wrong, an ingredient missing, and in an instant I realised why: his smile didn't reach his eyes, there was no twinkle in them—this time, there was something straining him.

And then all of a sudden, there was something straining me as well.

"How have you been?" he asked me, so casually that I started to forget even just for a nanosecond the events that yesterday brought.

And then the one prominent fact returned to my senses; I ought to remember that Finn told me that by tomorrow morning, which was right now, my belongings should have been packed and I left his penthouse for good.

Was that why Alex was here? To kick me out as proxy to his coward of a cousin?

I closed my eyes and held a hand against my forehead, faking the act of having a headache to spare time for myself and regard how there was a storm inside of me and how, in the grand scheme of things, genuinely livid I really was.