Chapter 3

"C'mon babe, I know you can see me! I thought we were passed this!"
It's been 15 minutes since I got up and Beetlejuice is already harassing me.
"No, I can't. You're not real" Im not sure why I answered him. It'd only make things worse.
"I know, I know. I'm too good to be true but please babe, don't ignore me!"

I did just that and continued making breakfast for myself. Beetlejuice is not real, however I have no clue what this says about me psychologically. This is the first time I've been seeing handsome dead men that are trying to hit on me. "I know you can see me, babe"
No, I can't. If I ignore him, he'll go away and torture someone else.

I took my toast out of the toaster and when i turned around, Beetlejuice was 6 inches away from my face. I jumped back out of fear, hitting my side on the counter and he laughed. "Oh you should have seen your face! It was adorable!" I was fed up with this.
"YOU'RE. NOT. REAL!" I shouted and pushed him, expecting my hand to go through his chest. It didn't, he was solid. Beetlejuice was real. "This can't be" I squeezed his arm, solid.
"Holy shit... You're... You're real! You're actually here!" i said out of fear and amazement. "You bet your sweet ass I am." he smirked. "Oh my god I live with a ghost" I'm still grasping this whole thing.

While sitting at the table eating my toast, a thought came to my mind as Beetlejuice was rummaging through my pantry.
"Wait.. If you're a ghost, how come I can touch you?"
He poked his head out of the pantry to answer me.
"No clue! All that matters is that I can FINALLY have some human contact! The guys upstairs never wanna bone"
"Guys upstairs?"
"Yeah, they suck and you should totally steer clear of em" he walked over with a box of cheezits and sat down.
"There's MORE ghosts?"
"Mhm, but I'm the ghost with the most so you don't need anyone else" he said confidently. "So do you have a job or somethin? I don't mind if you don't I just want to know a good time to smell your sheets"

"I- I start school in a week but other than that no. And I'd prefer if you stayed out of my bed, though."
"Oh honey, give it a month you're gonna want nothing more than to have me in your bed" he smirked again and I began to blush. Despite his corpse-like features he did have a certain vibe to him that made me feel comfortable. His voice was deep and powerful and I loved it. Just thinking like this had me feel my face get hot. I needed to get out of this house. I needed to get away from this man, this thing.

"Hey BeeJ? I'm gonna go to the store, you need anything?" I asked him while I headed upstairs to get dressed. "Nah babe, don't worry about me. The dead don't have to eat." he replied.

"Then why are you eating all my snacks?" I asked, confused. "Specifically to piss you off. Oh! And because I havent left this house in decades and I want to see what's new in the world" he remarked.
"Why dont you come with me then?" I asked him.
"Sorry sweet cheeks, I can't leave. I'm banished here for all eternity with you"
" Joy... " I said sarcastically but in a way I felt comforted by this, I wasn't alone. Even if he physically couldn't leave, I had someone to talk to, even if it is just a horny demon.

As I was getting ready to go shopping in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, I felt eyes on me. I turned towards the door and saw Beetlejuice's head sticking through it. The door wasn't open, his head was just through the wood. "GET OUT, PERVERT!" I screamed.
"Sorry, sorry. I couldn't help myself" he snickered.

I grabbed my wallet and left on foot to go to the grocery store. It was only a block away so it wasn't too bad. Plus, I didn't need anything special, the only reason i left was to get my head straight. Damn Beetlejuice. What even IS a beetle juice? It sounds disgusting. I slowly walked through the store and put various snacks and necessities in my cart. Lost in thought about the whole BJ situation, I accidentally bumped into someone.
"I am so sorry, I want paying attention" I apologized
"All good, don't sweat it" I looked up and saw a brown haired boy in a grey hoodie with blue jeans. "You look pretty lost in thought, you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just kinda, well, lost in thought I guess" we both laughed
"Anyway, gotta run. Try not to ram your cart into anyone else, might not be as cool as me" he laughed and walked away. I finished up my shopping and headed home. I needed the fresh air.... But I also needed to know more about the ghost with the most.