Chapter 19

"I don't even know why I try" I explained to BJ as I ate my spaghetti and garlic bread. "She never appreciates anything I do. I make her a good meal and she marches to her room. You'd think SHE was the moody teenager" I huffed

My mom came home as I was making dinner for the both of us. I wanted us to have a nice family dinner, just the two of us and a demon she can't see. But no. She tsked at me for burning the bread and then took her bowl to her room. 'I had a long day, Y/N' okay well maybe you should pay attention to your child and not make them slave over a hot stove to make you food. Good food too! Beetlejuice sat with me in my room, eating his own bowl of spaghetti.

"Yeah mom's suck" he remarked as he twirled his fork "but forget about that hag. You wanna lady and the tramp this bitch?" he asked, smirking at me.
"No BJ. I'll stick to my own bowl thank you"
"Your loss, babes. Yknow, I think your buddy was hitting on me." BJ said
"What? Fabio? Nah. He's just desperate"
"Well so am I. You might have competition, babe" he laughed
"Then go date Fabio then" I rolled my eyes
"Nah. You're the only one who gives me... A boner" he pulled out a 10 inch long bone from his coat pocket.
"Where the hell did you even get that?!"
"Some dead guy. And heads up Y/N, this bone is the same size as my dick" he raised his eyebrows and smirked at me
"No way"
"Yes way! Wanna see?" he began messing with his belt.
"Nope! I'm good for now!" I laughed, shielding my eyes. "I'll take your word for it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasnt intrigued"
"Say the word, babes. One snap of my fingers and we both can be naked"
"The fact you can do that honestly terrifies me" I told him and he shrugged.

I took both our bowls downstairs and put them in the sink. I like to think that they're now mom's problem but I'm probably going to end up doing the dishes. That's a later this week issue. As I was walking through the kitchen I looked out the window. It was beautiful outside tonight, there were so many stars. Beetlejuice loves nights like these.

I quickly walked upstairs and to my room to find my window open. I climbed out to see BJ sitting and looking up at the stars. I scooted next to him. "Whatcha looking at?"
"Seeing how many dicks I can make out of stars in the sky"
I laughed to myself and put my hand on top of his, making him slightly glow. "And how many can you find?"
"3 tiny ones, 1 big one" he said
"It's almost Virgo season" I told him
"The fuck is a Virgo?"
"Like... The star sign? It depends on what month and day you we're born. When were you born, BJ?"
"Honestly babe, I have no clue. I don't have much of a concept of time. Since you moved in its been better but before then, I was in some waiting room for 45 years before they called me. Had no clue" he looked down with a sad expression on his face. "But that's what I signed up for. Being dead and all. I did it to myself"
"You did it... To yourself?"
"Yup. Took a leap of faith and I couldn't fly very well. Last thing I saw was the stars" he looked up.

He committed suicide in the same way I tried to. No wonder he's so touchy about it.

"I used to be so cool, too. I was a bio-exorcist! I scared people! I killed people! Now Juno banished me to this house and I fell in love with a breather. I've gone soft, I feel"
"You did all that before dying?" I asked
"Oh no. That was like... 50 years ago. Was still very dead"

I scooted closer to him and he put his arm around me. "You... Love me?" I asked, in response to his 'fell in love' comment. He began to glow a vibrant green, he looked like an undead glowstick.
"When did I say that? I wouldn't say that! I don't even have a heart that beats! I can't feel love! Unless you talk about the love in my pants when I see your sweet ass!" he awkwardly laughed

"I love you too, Beetlejuice"
".. Wait what"
"I love you, Beetlejuice"
"I- I love you too, babes" he stuttered while his hair glowed and his face turned red.
"It's getting cold out, let's head inside" I said as I stood up
"I think I'll stay out here a little longer"
"Alright, but don't keep me waiting for you"
"But it's fun to piss you off" he whined
"Fine. No goodnight kiss for you" I climbed back in through the window and shut it.

I turned around in bed only to be face to face with Beetlejuice. It honestly made me jump, how close he was to my face.
"Hi" he said, innocently
I rolled my eyes "hi BJ"
"Do you wanna be top or bottom?" he asked in the same tone of voice.
I blushed. Are we really doing this?
"Uhh... Bottom... I guess"
"Sweet"