Chapter 27

"The stars look amazing tonight" I said while cuddling with Beetlejuice.
   We've been doing this a lot recently. We sit on my roof together, watch the stars, and chat. Even if we're silent, it's a good silence.

"You look amazing tonight, Y/N." Beetlejuice mumbled, starting to glow.

I laughed at him "You're so corny sometimes, BJ" he stuck his tongue out at me in response which only made me laugh more because his tongue is striped like his suit.

Beetlejuice turned away from me and crossed his arms while pouting. He then suddenly gasped and stood up.
"Babe! What's that over there?"
I stood up to see what he was pointing at. It was a collection of lights that were relatively far away.

"Oh. That might be the fair.  I think Fabio mentioned something about wanting to go" I shrugged.

BJ looked back at me with excitement in his eyes "We should go! It would be so cool!"

"Really? Those places are really scammy and cheaply put together. I don't think it would be worth it"

"Who cares? Babes, I'm a ghost. I can literally possess people and rig any carnival game in our favor. It would be awesome!"

I smiled at his excitement, he did have a point though. We would have a hell of a time. "You know what. I'd love to go to the carnival with you" I kissed him on the cheek, making him glow more.

"SWEET! Get dressed babe! We're leaving in 10!"

"WHAT? Beetlejuice it's like 11 on a Tuesday night. We're not going to the carnival right now"

His smile dropped ".. But... You said we could go"

"I was thinking this weekend, not right now, stupid"

"Hey! I'm not stupid! I just don't think sometimes.. "

"I promise, BJ. I'll take you to the carnival Friday night" I raised my hand to his cheek and caressed him.

He pushed my hand away "No no babe, I'M taking YOU to the carnival on Friday night." he said while smugly crossing his arms

"Whatever Beetlejuice. I'm going to bed" I crawled through my window with BJ in tow.

"I'm with ya babe. Today kinda sucked"

"Tell me about it"