Chapter 28

"Hey Fabio? The state fair you were talking about, is it good?"

"It's alright for a small town, why?" Fabio responded

"Oh, it's nothing. Beetlejuice just wanted to go" I smiled to myself

"He'd probably really like it. Plus the whole 'dead' vibe he has going on won't be much of an issue; people go there in costume all the time." Fabio shrugged. "Plus it's close to Halloween, nobody would bat an eye"

So it's settled. This Friday night I'm taking my dead boyfriend to the carnival. Honestly I'm super excited, I love going anywhere with Beetlejuice and I think we're going to have a great time.

On the bus ride home I bought me and Beetlejuice tickets to the carnival to surprise him and I couldn't help but grin like a mad man, we're going to have so much fun. But... Something was off

I felt eyes on the back of my head. I was sitting alone so Sean had to be somewhere else. Tension is still thick but this is ridiculous and I need to give that fucker a piece of my mind.

I turned around in the heat of the moment and- oh god. It's not Sean. It was fucking Matt.

He doesn't take this bus! I know for a fact he doesn't! Why is he here? No. He can't be following me home... No no no no

My chest felt tight and my breaths quickened. I need to get off this fucking bus and quick. I looked out my window, the next stop is mine and I'm going to sprint home. Home. Home is where Beetlejuice is. I'll be safe there.

The second the bus stopped I grabbed my stuff and ran off the bus, only quickening my pase as my house got closer. I instantly unlocked the door and slammed it behind me, sighing in relief. Thank god. It's over. I walked upstairs to tell Beetlejuice about the tickets.

"Oh BJ! I'm homeeee! And I got a surprise for you!" I said in a sing-songy tone.

I entered my room to see BJ on my bed looking out the window

"Beetlejuice? I got you a surprise" I awkwardly laughed

"Hey babes?" he started, ignoring me "is there usually greasy kids in front of your house staring up at your window?"

"What? I- oh god" he followed me home! He fucking followed me home! I immediately began to panic and Beetlejuice noticed

"Babe! What's up? Who is that guy?" he got up from my bed and went over to comfort me.

I was in so much shock that all I could say was "M-M-M-Matt"
Beetlejuice looked at me with a questioning look before realization washed over him.

"BANANA SLUG?!  NO WAY! I gotta scare him! Please babes?" a wide grin plastered on his face. His reaction to this news and mine were completely different but honestly, I want that creep gone.

"Alright.." I muttered

"YES! STAY HERE Y/N! THIS IS GONNA BE SO GOOD!!" Beetlejuice immediately poofed into dust and I went to my window to see what was going on. I even slightly cracked it open, I want to hear this.

Beetlejuice appeared in a cloud of green smoke behind Matt then tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump.

"Hey fella. Can I help you?" he asked Matt

"Uhh.. Do you live here?" Matt asked, still startled

"Well sorta, but what are you doing here?" Beetlejuice put his finger to Matt's nose to emphasize the 'you'.

"I- I'm just checking the address.. My friend lives here"

"Really? That's funny cause from what I heard you were a massive cock-sucker who can't keep his tiny dick in his pants!" Beetlejuice had a grin on his face and a nonchalant manner to him that made me giggle.

Matt's face went pale "Y-you..what?"

"Yeah. I've heard a lot about you, Mr. Slug. Now tell me, what do you plan on doing at this residence?" he gestured to my house

"I just wanted to talk to Y/N." he said in a stern tone. " and it's a crime to talk to me like this so I suggest you leave before I call the cops on you, psycho"
Oh no. Matt has a set of balls to challenge BJ. This is going to get good.

Beetlejuice cackled "Oh kid, that's funny! There's something I don't think you realize! I'm dead! You can't call the cops on demons! The only people you can call are the Ghostbusters!" when he said that last word, a few seconds of the Ghostbusters theme began to play from god-knows-where.
"And I don't know about you, Matt, but I ain't scared of no ghost"

Matt looked like he was about to shit his pants but he tried to keep up his charade. "I don't know what you're pulling here, old man, but I'm not amused. Now get out of my way" he tried to push Beetlejuice but his hand just went though his body. "What the-"

Beetlejuice sunk into the floor and reappeared on the other side of Matt so his back was facing my window. "That was uncalled for, but you don't seem to be getting my message. Perhaps.. This might help"

Matt looked at him sceptically when suddenly Beetlejuice put both of his arms out and snakes seemingly came out of his face. At least, that's what I can assume since his back was facing me. All I saw were a few snakes coming out of the sides of his face and Matt screaming bloody murder before turning around and running back the way he came. Then Beetlejuice shrugged to himself before poofing into dust once more.

Before I knew it, Beetlejuice casually walked into my room. "What do ya think babe? Am I qualified?" he asked me while gesturing to himself.

"Beetlejuice! You were amazing!!" I hugged him
"Thank you thank you!!"

"Calm down babe. You know I love the sound of a good scream, this made my day, you know"

I looked up at him "a scream?"

"Yeah! The sound of a scream is music to me" he remarked in an almost rhythmic tone, as if from a song. I shrugged it off.

"So Beetlejuice.. I have a surprise for you" I let go of him and fished out my phone from my pocket. "This isn't exactly how I wanted to tell you, but.." I turned the phone around  "I got us 2 tickets for the carnival!!"

Beetlejuice smiled like a kid on Christmas before hugging me again and expressing his thanks and love for me. I'm beginning to think dating a dead guy is the best thing that's ever happened to me