Chapter 7

As the door creaked open I peeked my head in. "H-hello?" I asked to nobody in particular.
What surprised me however was the whispers I heard. "Adam someone is here!"
Only a few second's after that was said, a woman with long blonde hair walked out and a man in a dress shirt and dress pants followed.
"Why hello, there!" the woman said "You must be the new family that moved in! You and your mom seem to be settling nicely in our home" she said.
"We are, I'm Y/N by the way" I replied
The woman chimed in with a "I'm Barbara and this is-"

"A-Dog, B-Town! How's it going? Your door is unlocked yknow that?" A familiar voice said as he walked through the door. I'm fucked.
"Y/N?! What the hell did I tell you about coming up here?! These guys are as-" he paused, looking up at them. "as lovely as can be! I told you to come up sooner, silly!" he faked.
"Y/N! Get away from him! This man is a very unstable individual!" the man shrieked as he grabbed me. Honestly I'm not confused by the fact they're ghosts, I'm confused about the aggression towards BJ. Yes, he's a pervert and a creep and stinks but he's not unstable.
"Begone Beetleman! You're not hurting them!" Barbara said. Beetlejuice rolled his eyes "fine. I'm leaving, peace" he snapped his fingers begrudgingly and poofed away.

So apparently the man who grabbed me is Adam, the two died and posses this house but were very pissed when the Deetz family moved in. So, they called Beetlejuice and he fucked shit up. He fucked it up so bad that he is also banished to this home but the couple assumed I couldn't see him or them. Oh! And the Maitlands are letting me choose between a classy dress and a suit and tie for my dance. Honestly I'm probably not going but it's nice to have options! I said goodbye to them, thanked them for the options, and closed their door.

I peered into my bedroom, no Beetlejuice. He's probably off pouting if I'm honest. I walked over to my desk and began the review worksheer I got for homework.
"Boo!" Beetlejuice said with his head over my shoulder. "JESUS! BJ! HI!" I nearly jumped out of my chair.
"I told you to stay away from those guys, Y/N."
"Yeah yeah I know, but I think they're nice people. In fact, they offered me an outfit of my choice for the dance I'm not going to!"
"Wait you're not going?" Beetlejuice switches topics quick.
"Well I don't have a date or anything." I said
"I could take ya!" he piped up
"No you can't. You can't leave the house, BJ"
"I can if you summon me" he smirked
"What would that do?" I asked
"Well... It makes me physical! Listen babe, I'm not sure how you can touch me but that's not supposed to happen. Usually if I'm summoned within these walls I can interact with objects and people while still having my powers... Which already seems to be the case... Wait a minute" I saw the gears turning in his head. "Nah... I'm not summoned... I can walk through walls and shit. Huh."
"I'm glad you've come to this conclusion, BJ" I pat his shoulder. "But have you... Tried to leave? Like recently?" I asked him
"Who knows. The main issue at hand is the Mainlands! I had such a nice outfit for you planned" he pouted. "It's right here, actually" he snapped his fingers and spawned an empty hanger. "I've seen you in this before, it looks great" I rolled my eyes and sighed. Damn Beetlejuice... Maybe one day