Chapter 10

The whole rest of the day I felt disgusting but I don't even know why. I'm not dating anyone, why should I feel bad for living my life and having a date to a dance? I just felt nasty, maybe it was that I don't even know Matt very well or maybe it's the fact I'm not attracted to him whatsoever. Whatever it is, it's gotta be something.

I got off the bus and didn't see BJ in front of my house like yesterday. I unlocked the door and walked inside, "Adam, Barbara, BJ, I'm home!" I shouted up the stairs as I walked up them. I put my backpack in my bedroom, still no sign of Beetlejuice. Does he know Matt asked me out? Just as these thoughts were racing in my head, I was interrupted.

"Hey babe! Sorry I'm late, I was setting stuff up. You read my note right?" he asked me
"Uh, yeah. I did, and I'd love to see the stars with you."
Beetlejuice began to blush. "Alright, I was thinking we could leave around 5 and we could go to dinner then to the place I set up"
"I'd like that a lot, BJ. But for now, I'm gonna take a nap" I told him
"You mortals and your sleep" he rolled his eyes "I won't disturb you, babe. Sleep well"

I'm not sure why Beetlejuice left me to take this nap by myself but my bed felt empty without him. He knows about Matt, he has to and even if he doesn't, I have to tell him. Or maybe... I don't. I'm not attracted to Matt at all and barely know him in general. Hell, I don't even know his last name. This wasn't fair to Matt or Beetlejuice.

Before I knew it, the voice I was dreading hearing was nudging me awake. "Y/N? Y/N. Cmon babe it's 4, you gotta get up" he said to me in his deep, sexy voice. Wait... Sexy? No. This man is dead and perverted, nothing about him is 'sexy'...yet everything about him is sexy.

"I-im up BJ. Thanks for waking me" I said, avoiding eye contact "I'm gonna go shower and get ready. I'll see you downstairs when I'm done" I told him.
While in the shower I continued to think about this Matt thing. I need to let him down lightly, tell him he misunderstood me, and that I don't want to go to the Welcome Back Ball with him. I don't want to go with anyone, really. I don't even want to go! All these thoughts were rushing though my head as I got ready for my outing with BJ.

Despite my shower I still felt dirty, keeping this secret from BJ. I walked to my room in a towel and saw Beetlejuice on my bed.
"Hey babe. I got you something" he said as he stood up, a bouquet of red roses in hand.
"Beetlejuice... They're gorgeous... Thank you" I said to him, taking the flowers.
"Anything for you, babe. I'll be downstairs" he said as he walked out, letting me get changed. It's so weird how he can go from desperate to watch me shower to respectfully leaving when i need to get dressed.

I didn't put on anything fancy, just a flannel, tshirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. I took the roses downstairs to put them in a vase and I saw Beetlejuice in his 'disguise' top hat and all. I couldn't help but laugh at him and his failed attempt at fashion. Only BJ.
"You ready babes?" he asked me, reaching out his arm for me to put mine through it and link together. I laughed at him, "lead the way, BJ"

Beetlejuice and I walked together to some sports bar.
"I know it's not fancy but the reviews online say they have good nachos"
"How did you get on the internet, BJ?" I asked him
"Your laptop!" he said "Your search history is... Not good, Y/N" he snickered as I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever, this place is perfect BJ. Thank you"
BJ got us a booth and we sat down, going through the menu. "You don't even have to eat, right? Why did you take me out?"
Beetlejuice rolled his eyes like I was an idiot "Because babe, I wanted to treat you" he said, slightly blusing, I giggled at him.
"So all the reviews said the nachos we're good, yeah?" I asked him
"Yeah. I mean, one lady was very pissed about the service but other than that they seemed good" he shrugged

The waitress came over, introduced herself, and took our order of nachos, a water for me, and a beer for BJ. I gave him a stink eye when she left "Are you seriously getting drunk, Beetlejuice?" I asked him, accusingly.
"Nah babe, it takes a lot to get me tipsy. Just one drink won't hurt" he rolled his eyes at me.
"So anyway, how's school going?" he knows. There's no way he doesn't.
"U-Uh it's good!" I said "nothing much has happened, yknow" I said, nervously. I feel like I'm sweating bullets.
"... You're hiding something from me" BJ said flatly
"Just... Drop it alright?"
"If you say so babes" BJ let it roll, he's cool like that. We spent the rest of  'dinner' eating various bar foods and chatting.

Like promised, BJ took care of the bill and when we were out of view, he snapped us back to the hill except there was a pastel blanket on the grass and a radio.
"B-BJ... Did you set this up for me?" I asked him
"Nah, I set it up for some broad I was gonna bone but she bailed" he said with a smirk as I rolled my eyes.
We both layed down on the blanket, I have no clue where he stole it from but it was comfy, for sure.

"I love the stars" Beetlejuice said "I always have. They're the only things that seem to stick with me as I age"
"I love them too, I'm just bad at picking out the constellations" I remarked
"Oh I don't worry about those bullshit things that Greeks made up. I make my own, that one's a penis, that ones a smiley face, that ones another, bigger penis, and that one is a sheep" he pointed to various formations of stars.
"Ok I guess I can understand the rest but a sheep?" I asked him
"Yeah! That's its stupid sheep head, there's it's sheep hair, and there are it's stupid legs! Granted, it only has 2 but he manages!" BJ laughed.

I scooted closer to him on the blanket and he put his arm around me. I looked into his eyes and it took him a second to look back, we smiled at each other. He put his hand under my chin and began to inch closer to me. I have to tell him, NOW. I put my hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks and I inched away. He opened his mouth like he was about to apologize but I stopped him.
"BJ" I started, looking away "At school today, a guy named Matt asked me to go to the dance with him... And I said yes"
Beetlejuice's face dropped and he looked at me, only to turn his head down and snap his fingers. Just like that, I was back in my room.