Chapter 17

So I was wrong. It's not Denny's, we're at IHOP. I'm sitting here drinking a water and Beetlejuice is pouting because they don't serve liquor.
"I'm sorry you couldn't get vodka"
"Yeah, me too. I was hoping I could make this date more interesting" he remarked. So it is a date! Huh. I'm on a date with a dead guy who actually looks pretty normal right now, even with his electric green hair. Some people probably think he's my dad, though.

"Did you decide on what you're getting?" I asked him
"No idea. They only serve breakfast food"
"No shit! It's IHOP!"
"I guess I'll get a sandwich" he grumbled

The waitress came back, "Are you two ready to order?"
"Yeah. I'll take the BLT with a side of bacon and I have no clue what they want" he looked over at me
"Hi, can I get the pancake combo?" I asked
"Of course you can. How do you want your eggs cooked?"
"Uh... Scrambled. Thank you"

I don't like eggs, never have. However what I ordered was pancakes, sausages, and eggs. Honestly I wanted to switch out the eggs for bacon but I'm just going to steal BJ's.
"That waitress was hot" he commented once she was out of earshot.
"... She was like 70..."
"Wait seriously?"
"Her tits probably go down to her fucking knees, BJ."
He thought for a moment "yknow.... That doesn't sound very good... I don't think I want that near my sandwich."
"I thought she was hot" I smirked
"Nah I just said that to make you jealous" he smirked back
My face dropped and I began to blush whilst looking away. It's not even what he said, it's that he was kinda right. I did get a little jealous and I love when he compliments me.
"Don't worry, babe. You're hotter than anyone in this restaurant" he smiled at me. I'm lucky I can't glow like he can or else I'd have way more people staring at me.

Then I heard a voice from behind me "Y/N?"
I turned around
"Oh hey Fabio! What's up?" honestly I'm kinda nervous. He caught me here with my dead boyfriend.
"I'm good... Is this your dad Y/N?" he asked

"Well I mean they do call me daddy quite frequently" Beetlejuice chimed in

"NOPE! Not my dad, not my daddy, not my dad. My dad is dead we've been over this." I awkwardly laughed "This is BJ... My neighbor. He comforted me after the whole dance disaster thing."

"So... Are you like dating or..." Fabio asked and Beetlejuice looked at me. Fuck. What do i say?

"That is none of your business, Fabio. All you need to know is that we're really close" I crossed my arms.

"Right... Ok well I'm gonna go back to having breakfast with my family. You two have fun" Fabio walked away, pulling out his phone sending me a text I assume.

I put my forehead on the table "That was so mortifying"
"Ah babes, it's fine! It's about time your buddies know about us"
"No he probably thinks you're my sugar daddy! Ugh I wanna disappear"
"I can make that happen! One snap of my fingers babe, I got you"
"No no. We already ordered and I'm starving" I picked my head up. "I'm sorry about Fabio... He's cool I promise" Beetlejuice nodded but there was something on his mind.

Eventually, the waitress came back and broke the silence with our typical chain restaurant breakfast.
"Hey babe?" BJ broke the silence and honestly it startled me. "Are you... Ashamed of me?"

"B-Beetlejuice of course not" I responded
"You hesitated"
"Beetlejuice! I-"
"No it's fine I get it. Your breathing friends think it's weird you're dating a dead guy. It's chill, babes"
"BJ!" I practically yelled. "I'm not ashamed of you. I've just never really been in a relationship before. This is new to me and Fabio is my only friend, I care about his opinion. I promise I'll tell him the truth, okay?"
BJ looked up and nodded "Alright Babes"

After a bit of avoiding the eggs on my plate like the plague, I got an idea. I took my fork and began flinging pieces of egg at Beetlejuice.
"Hey! What was that for?" he asked, brushing off his shirt.
"No reason" I laughed, continuing to fling egg his way.
Then, an evil grin appeared on his face. "Okay babes. Let's play" he then began tossing the eggs back at me and we almost had a full on food fight before the waitress came back and gave us our check. I have no idea where he gets all his money from but he definitely has it. We left the restaurant hand in hand.
"That was good, BJ. Thank you"
"No prob babes. Sorry I ruined breakfast earlier.." I just laughed at him. Oh Beetlejuice.

When we got home I finally looked at Fabio's text.

Fabio
Who the hell was that guy?
You can tell me if i need to call someone, Y/N. Just call me like we're normally chatting and say "him and I are going to watch a movie later". I'll call the cops on that fucker

Me
Oh stop Fabio. That was BJ. I'll explain everything if you come over later, promise.

Fabio
So are you dating that creepy old guy?

I hesitated... What do i tell him? Fuck. Might as well be honest.
Me
Yes, Fabio. We're dating. Happy?

Fabio
Ooh nice. I get it. He is kinda hot, got them DILF vibes lmao.
Anyway. Be there in like a half. Love you boo boo!

Me
See you later Fabs

"Hey BJ! Fabio is coming over soon!" he came out from another room, in his normal attire.
"Oh shit. How should I look for the dude?"
"I want you just the way you are, BJ" I kissed him on the cheek. "I'm gonna tell him everything"
"Everything? Even that time we totally made out and it was suuuper hot?"
I blushed and looked away "Okay not that"
He lifted my chin to meet his gaze and in his deep, raspy voice he whispered to me "and why not? That was pretty hot" I blushed and smiled
"Fuck yeah it was" his hand went down to my waist and held me. "Oh Beetlejuice~"
"That's right. Say my name, baby"
"Oh Beetlejuice!"
"Louder"
"Beetlejuice!"
"One more time for daddy"
"Beetlejui-"
*ding dong*
"Oh fuck it's Fabio" I quickly pushed BJ away and went to answer the door.
"Fucking cockblock" BJ mumbled
"Be nice!" I whisper yelled as BJ pouted