Chapter 13

Y/n POV

"I'll just pick mom." I say looking at the list of 4 hero agencies.

Jiro:"What other hero's gave you offers?"

"Birb Uncle, Powerloader, and Enforcer." I reply putting the paper down.

Jiro along with Kaminari, Mina, Momo, Iida, Uraraka, and Midoriya look at me confused.

Mina:"Birb Uncle."

"Oh Pro hero Hawks." I answer suprising them.

Midoriya:"How could you say no to a chance working at his agency?"

"Mom is in the top 10 too. Pro hero Miruko, and I get to spend time with her."

Midoriya:"I guess I can understand that."

The door to the door opens and Caitlyn and Aizawa walks in. Iida gets up to greet her as I scoot closer to Kyoka and grab her hand.

Momo and the others seem to notice my uneasiness and try to keep my attention away from Caitlyn.

Momo:"So Y/n how are the bombs coming along?"

"The chompers are coming along great, Powerloader said if I can make the teeth less sharp then they should be good to use."

Kaminari:"By the way that gun you have in your room, do you think it'd work with my quirk?"

"You could be considered an energy scource, so maybe. Probably ask the support course for something you can channel your quirk into and use as a weapon. Baton maybe." I tell him and he starts to think about it.

Feeling someone tap my shoulder I turn to see Aizawa with Caitlyn standing behind him.

Aizawa:"Y/n she wants to talk to you."

I look at Caitlyn nervous and my grip on Kyoka's hand tightens, but I nod.

"Okay, but Kyoka stays."

Everyone besides Aizawa, Caitlyn, Kyoka and I leave the room. After that theirs just a silence as Caitlyn sits across from Jiro and myself.

Caitlyn:"You've grown quite a bit Powder."

"I was seven the last time you saw me."

Caitlyn:"Yeah, and not near as nervous. If I remember right you were hugging Vi's leg while sticking your tounge out at me."

"She was my sister." I say ignoring the whispers in my ear.

Caitlyn:"She was my girlfriend. Speaking of which you got one yourself right?"

She says while looking at Kyoka and I pull her closer to me.

Caitlyn smiles a little before sighing.

Caitlyn:"I know about what happened, and I read the reports."

I look away from her as I feel the guilt waying down on me. Part of me expects her to be angry at me and yell and I prepare for it.

Caitlyn:"I... I'm not mad, and I know you probably just wanted to help like usual."

She sits down beside me as I look at her suprised.

Caitlyn:"I'm not sure what Vi said to you, but I know she didn't mean to hurt you, and I know she wouldn't want you tearing yourself up over it."

Caitlyn puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles at me.

Caitlyn:"So whatever those voices in your head are saying, dont listen to them."

I smile and nod as I hug her and she returns it.

Caitlyn:"Since, I am in Japan now, I can take you as a intern."

"I dont know..."

Caitlyn:"Come on, Aizawa wouldn't have let me put it down if he didn't think you couldn't handle it."

"..."

Caitlyn:"Is it because im not Vander?"

"...maybe."

Caitlyn:"Vi and I did intern and do a work study with him."

"Fine."

Caitlyn:"Great! You heard that right Aizawa."

Aizawa:"Yeah, also what's your hero name Y/n?"

"The Harlequin Hero Jinx!" I tell him enthusiastically while he nods and writes on a paper.

______________________

"So what are we doing in Hosu?" I ask Caitlyn.

We were currently sitting on a rooftop overlooking the city.

"Well the hero killer has been reported around here, and from what I could gather he'll attack one more person before moving on." Caitlyn answers. "Theirs also been a vigilante beating criminals up."

"A vigilante?" I ask. "How long have they been around?"

"For a few weeks now. Ever since the USJ incident." Caitlyn answers while looking through the scope of her rifle.

"Noted." I say as I put my hands behind my head while swinging my legs. "I am suprised they allowed me to do this with you since your agency hasn't fully moved to Japan yet."

"I'm trustworthy." Caitlyn responds.

A silence ensues as I sit up while looking down at the alley beside the building. Bored I get an idea and decide to take my phone out and take a picture then send it to Jiro in the group chat.

As I am waiting for a response Caitlyn takes my phone from me.

"Hey!" I say trying to take the phone back.

"You are now on the job, only use your phone if it's nessacary." Caitlyn tells me and I pout. "Listen anything can happen at any moment and you have to be prepared."

"For the death of the king?" I ask and she rolls her eyes supressing a smile.

I get my phone back and I pocket it after putting it on silent. Well Caitlyn made sure I did.

Unfortunately I shouldn't have done that since the groupchat was kind enough to point something in the background out.

____________________________________________