Chapter 14

Y/n POV

"You seem worried." I tell Caitlyn who glances back at me.

Caitlyn:"It's *sigh* It's about Iida."

"About Stainy and what happened to his brother?" I say trying to suppress a giggle.

Caitlyn glances at me for a moment before nodding.

Caitlyn:"Stain has a pattern, he should target one more pro here before moving on, I'm sure Iida noticed that."

"And he took his internship in Hosu with Manual I think."

Caitlyn:"Exactly."

I took a moment to think before realizing what she was getting at.

"I'd want revenge too, but..." I trail off as I remember seeing the dead body of the villian.

Vi:"You mess everything up!"

I look around for the voice and my head bolts to Caitlyn when she puts a hand on my shoulder.

Caitlyn:"Powder?"

I stare at her for a moment snapped from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

Caitlyn:"Let's get some lunch then we can go back to watching the alleys."

I nod and stand up. Taking one last look at the alley I see a familiar outline but when I take a second look it's gone.

'Relax Powder, you're just seeing things again.' I think as I follow Caitlyn.

_____________________

Their was silence as I poked a dango with another dango stick. Caitlyn was eating away at her second order of dango.

Caitlyn:"So how are you and Jiro?"

I look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"That's how you break the silence?"

Caitlyn:"Well we've never really talked."

I think back to when she was around with Vi.

"We didn't did we?"

Caitlyn:"No you gave me the silent treatment."

"Did I?" I ask with a smirk.

Caitlyn rolls her eyes and goes back to eating and I giggle.

______________________

"Kitty kitty. Kitty kitty." I sing in the spiderman tune while messing with a stray cat.

Caitlyn:"Y/n take this seriously."

"I am. Bored aswell, and isn't that good. If ya have time to be bored means your not stressed."

Caitlyn:"Technically yes, but be on guard."

"Here that kitty?" I ask the stray and she meows. "You can count on us Enforcer."

I do a mock salute and the kitty stands up straight with her chest out. Caitlyn laughs a little at it covering her mouth.

Caitlyn:"Well Jinx, Kitty, stay on guards we are on patrol."

Caitlyn and I started to walk across the roofs near the alleyways. Listening for anything.

Caitlyn:"By the way Y/n their has been reports of a new vigilante."

I look at her suprised.

"You're just now telling me?"

Caitlyn:"From what we could gather. It seemed to be a female who wears a hood. 172cm or 5'7 in height."

"How do they fight?"

Caitlyn:"... with her fist. Quirk is unknown."

A image of Vi flashes in my mind but I shake it off. Vi is dead, I saw her body myself... it's my fault.

"I'll keep a lookout."

Time went on and eventually night fell. I let out a yawn as I layed on the ledge of the building.

Caitlyn:"Seems like we can turn in soon."

She said suppressing a yawn herself.

But as soon as she said that an explosion happened in the distance.

I giggled. "Jinxed it, huh?"

Caitlyn:"Shutup. Let's go."

We made our way to the area of the explosion where their were now fires. Nomu's were there already fighting some of the hero's.

"Should we be looking for the hero killer?" I ask as I dodge a nomu's swing and fire a round at it stunning it.

Caitlyn:"What do you mean?"

"He could use this chaos to his advantage and strike."

Caitlyn dodges fires her rifle at the nomu and a syringe is imbedded into it. It sways a moment before falling down unconcious.

She looks around and spots Endeavor now joining the fight.

Caitlyn:"You're right, they have this handled. Let's go."

As we go to searching the alley ways we see a stream of fire rise from one of them.

"Endeavor was back there right?"

Caitlyn:"Yes, which means this is someone else."

We get to the alley and spot five figures four vs one. Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida with a pro hero, Todoroki being the only one currently standing. They were all facing the Hero Killer.

Before the Hero Killer could charge them again Caitlyn fires a shot at him, but he manages to dodge it.

They all look up to see us.

Caitlyn:"Y/n help get the injured out of the alley."

I nod and make my way down to the four.

Iida:"Y/n? Caitlyn? What are you two doing here?"

"Helping duh?" I say with a laugh.

I pick Iida up Todoroki picks the injured Hero up. I grab Midoriya's arm to drag him and we begin to get them out of the alley.

The Hero Killer notices this, but when he goes to pursue Caitlyn stops him with a volley of shots.

We set them down near the entrance of the alley and I turn back to help Caitlyn but am stopped.

Midoriya:"What are you doing Y/n?"

"Helping Caitlyn. She's the one i'm interning with. So I am the only one allowed to actually do hero work. Keep the injured safe and alive."

I run off and leave them to help Iida and the pro hero.

When I get back I see Stain about to slice Caitlyn's arm, but I take my pistol out and fire a round at his head.

It hits and he stumbles back. Caitlyn backs up to me.

"The others are at the entrance of the alley." I whisper to Caitlyn. "Midoriya seemed to be able to walk too."

Stain charges at me and I manage to dodge the blade and hit him in the gut with my free hand.

He backs off. Caitlyn doesn't let him rest and fires a volley of shots at him, and he either dodges them or manages to block them with his sword.

I put my pistol away and raise my fist. Stain closes the distance and tries to slash me, I manage to dodge and swing for his right side, and he blocks it.

Stain goes to stab me in the side but before he could a fist connect with his face sending him into a wall.

I look at my savior and notice they have a hood up, my eyes make contact with their grey eyes.

They look at me for a moment.

???:"Powder."

I freeze and my eyes widen as I recognise the voice and she pulls down her hood.

How bout a cliffhanger?