Chapter 1

Authors Note: This Is What Y/N Changes Into When She Tries To Look Human.

    Your P.O.V.

    I had collected the small shards of the Nichirin Blade since I loved the way the blade and color were. Every color was unique. Once a demon slayer got their sword after finishing the survival test, they chose the metal for the blade and the swordsmiths would make them. Upon receiving them, they would draw them and the blade would then change into a unique color. I had quite a few from hunting. Sadly, I couldn't find any red or black colors of the blade since these were either rare or uncommon. I walked close to the town, its lights glowing radiantly as the city seemed to be growing in population and popularity.

    I started to change into a more human appearance. My nails weren't sharp, my teeth were normal, my eyes didn't glow so much, and I kept everything else the same. My clothing, however,  was changed. (Photo On The Top) Hopefully she will still recognize me in this form, I thought. I walked into the city as the lights seemed almost brighter than the sun. Everyone was more active here during the night than the day, making it an easy hard target for demons without getting caught.

    I stepped into the light and was walking over to where I would meet my good friend. At first things seemed normal until a few people began to stare. Age nineteen, and I'm already getting stared at like how Daki is. Daki was thousands of years old, but still probably the prettiest demon I know. To be honest, she's the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Her brother may not be like her in looks, but he is still sweet and cares for his little sister. I took a few turns and finally saw the building Daki had worked in.

    I made it to the Kyogoku house and made my way in through one of the windows. No one was in the halls so it was safe to sneak into. The wooden floors were perfect and smooth. I walked down the familiar hall and made it to where Daki stayed. I knocked on the door gently but loud enough to be heard. No one answered though. It was strange but I brushed it off since she could be out in another room or house looking for beautiful women. Just in case though… I opened the door and there was an empty room. The room wasn't really empty, there just weren't any people. 

    There was a dresser with a mirror and makeup on it, tons of cabinets filled with clothes, and the smooth carpet. I walked over to a stool she had with a cushion and sat down. I waited for a good ten to fifteen minutes before someone was heard coming to the door. Finally, I thought. I stood up and faced the door but instead of seeing Daki, there was an old man in a blue and white speckled kimono. When he saw me, he was mad.

    "W-where's the head lady!" He shouted. He seemed to be a little scared. Thinking I did something to her.

    "She's going to be back at some point. I'm waiting on her," I stated calmly.

    "Who are you! You can't walk around here like you own the place!"

    "And what are you doing in my room?" A voice said from behind. The man turned around and gasped.

    "Lady Warabihime! What a surprise! I was… I was looking for you!" He said to Daki.

    "If you knocked then I would have answered but since I wasn't there, you shouldn't barge in," She growled. The man stuttered and said his apology. He ran out of the room as Daki came into the room. 

    "Who are you!" She hisses to me. I rolled my eyes and went back to my normal form.

    "I would have expected that you would recognize me," I tell her. Once she finally noticed, her face fell.

    "Oh! Young Master, what a pleasant surprise!" She said, startled. "Could I get you anything? I'm sorry that I had that man intrude on you and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting!"

    "No need to apologize Daki!" I said happily. She seemed relieved and lit a candle to keep a light on in here.

    "Is there any reason you're here?"

    "Oh yes, I wanted to talk…" Things were silent until I finally started to pour out things.

    "I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND AND I JUST WANTED TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND, OKAY! You're like, the only cool demon I know and I can talk to! Kokushibo is old and doesn't like talking, Douma is… Douma, and Akaza are too nice to me! I know he respects women but still! The Lower Moons are dead and the other upper moons are distant." 

    Daki seemed shocked at first until she laughed. I laughed with her as she started to look at herself in the mirror. She was reapplying makeup so she could keep the act of being human.

    "I'm honored that you care so much about me. You're also the coolest demon I know. Don't tell Muzan though. And no offense Gyutaro," She said. She and I have been friends since as long as I can remember. She would always tell me stories about the demon slayers and say to give a good word of me to dad.

    We were talking for a long time. Things seemed to fly by and be taking forever at the same time. Hours flew by of us speaking about the humans we have killed and the successfully good days we have. After a while though, she finally got to a more, serious topic. 

    "Something is wrong," Daki tells me. I tilt my head in confusion.

    "There were three new girls in different buildings and I'm suspicious that two are demon slayers. The other is absolutely gorgeous though, she would make a fine meal," Daki said. 

    "It’s nothing you can't handle. You've killed Hashira's before and regular demon slayers are no match for your power," I tell her. She beams at me.

    "I know that!" She exclaimed. "But I'm just hoping Muzan will notice me doing this." I rolled my eyes.

    "Please, stop trying to hook up with my dad. I bet Gyutaro feels the same about this too!"

    "I-I just want to show I'm loyal, that's all y/n!" I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling.

    "You can see into some of my dad's memories, could you tell me another story about the demon slayers?" Daki looked very excited.

    "I recently found this one a few weeks ago, Muzan met a kid who reminded him of one of the demon slayers that nearly killed him!" My face turned to shock.

    "A demon slayer almost killed dad?"
    "Yeah! I don't know his name but he wore this red kimono, had hanafuda earrings, and had long red and black hair. He also had a scar on his forehead that looked like Kokoshibo's. There was that boy who looked just like him but had a black and green checkered kimono." My eyes sparkled in amazement as she told me about how the man failed to kill off Muzan.

    "You mean to tell me some man was probably the most powerful demon slayer ever, and then he let Muzan get away! Geez," I say. Daki nodded.

    "So how has the hunt for the boy been? The one that killed Rui to be exact," She asked.

    "Honestly, I think he's cowering away from us. Not a word or sound since the incident with Rui. It's been a few months, maybe a demon got to him or he quit because he was scared." I snickered. It wouldn't be the first time, many demon slayers after working for months, maybe even days, would stop from their growing paranoia.

    "Yeah, it seems like it. Nonetheless, we need to keep our guard up and find him. Plus his demon sister. She should be weak since she doesn't eat humans. I'm surprised she's even alive." I nodded and stood up. I went back to my human form so no one could catch a glimpse of what I really was.

    "It's about time for me to leave. I'll see you later Daki. Also tell Gyutaro I said hi and to keep up the good work." She smiled at me and waved as I left through the window of her room to exit. I landed on the ground and began walking towards the train. Next stop, home.