Chapter 18

Demon Slayer Headquarters
3rd person Omniscient P.O.V.

A crow approaches the Headquarters Master, tired and bearing news. Kagaya Ubuyashiki sits with his wife and daughters.

"How peculiar," he spoke softly. "Tanjiro seems to be in the hopes of finding another demon that can help us.."

The Hashira were gathered, sitting and enjoying each other's company. They ate together and talked, but a special meeting was to be held soon. It would take a while for Tanjiro to get back, but in the meantime, everyone would sleep. It would be apparent to only Ubuyashiki about this, but news would travel once the time has come.

Back to Tanjiro and Y/n
1st Person

Tanjiro just sat with me awkwardly, it's understandable. The box with his sister, Nezuko, in it, sat still. According to him, she was still sleeping. Maybe if I figured out about sleeping to become still strong, things wouldn't have been so messed up. My morals would be different, I thought to myself. I sighed, making popping noises with my mouth.

"Those crows sure do take a while..." I tried striking up conversation, but it was failing.

"Well they're trying their best, that's what matters," Tanjiro said. I nodded in agreement, feeling a little nervous. I mean, if my request is rejected, Tanjiro is just gonna have to kill me. Who wouldn't be scared?

"Right... right... soooooooo, how's the corps been?" Tanjiro smiled a bit.

"They've been good, but there seems to be a lot of issues still. I just hope this will all end soon. I bet that we can, there's a change in the air." I nod and smile.

"I hope so too.." We continue sitting awkwardly, waiting. The crow arrives, tired and ready to fall. Tanjiro caught him and listened to the crows message. The crow was breathing heavily, making it sound like he might as well just collapse from respiratory failure.

"NORTH!! DEMON SLAYER CORPS!!! TANJIRO'S PRESENCE WITH THE DEMON IS NEEDED." I jumped, this one was loud. Tanjiro held him and thanked the crow. We started our silent journey together to the corps, the moon bright. Gravel and leaves crunched beneath our feet as we walked.

                     Major Time-Skip

We walked a while, watching as the moon overhead rose higher and higher, slowly moving from the position right above us, lowering finally. It was like a daze, a fever dream, walking to who knows where. Muzan never knew the location of the Demon Slayer Corps, which is relieving to say the least. Since he never knew, I'd obviously never know if I was still with him. I dwelled a bit on the thought of Muzan. Had I ever thought of him really being my father?

For the most part while I was young, I believed he was in a way. I remember the smile he had once, a bright one, but under was a serpents cool gaze. He was happy, moments before he took my mom away from me, but even after so I believed he did it for the greater good. Now, I feel like a fool, and want to make right what I had done for so long. I knew forgiveness is not what I should be asking for. Moreover, it should be me kneeling and wanting to repay them, after all the damage and pain I caused. How demon slayers had lives, maybe fell in love, maybe wanted a future, but I took it all away.

Yet here stood Tanjiro Kamado, just a teenager, seeing there to be salvation, in a sense. He was wary, knew what to do and what sacrifices he would make. He was the kind boy I heard of, who slayed demons to save his sister's curse of being a demon herself. I didn't understand why she wouldn't eat human flesh. Sure, she conserved energy and became powerful by sleeping, but I didn't know why I couldn't. Maybe it was the fact I was born full demon, under the parents of humans who were transformed into demons. Thoughts bubbled through me, in a sense it seemed existential.

If I am not human, never was before, then wouldn't that make me truly a monster? If Muzan was defeated, all other demons will be gone. Either transformed into the humans they once were, or perish. I feel certain, I would perish. If not, I am a danger to the world. I rely on humans to feed my hunger, and with that the demons slayers would need me dead. I'd be an immortal being, never dead until the nichirin blade sliced my head from my shoulders. I wonder if I'd at least see Rengoku-San if my time came.

A bit of warmth flushed to my cheeks. I couldn't believe I thought of that. Sure, he's pretty hot, but come on. He's literally a Hashira, he's killed hundreds, maybe thousands of demons. I'd be a sight for sure. Maybe he'd decapitate me....

I feel like slapping myself, having a mental image in my mind that I wanted to crumple and throw away. I trail behind Tanjiro, rubbing my hands over my face and groaning. Seriously, what is up with me today? Why think about him holding that sword to my throat, whispering in my ear and being directly behind me. Maybe even tugging my hair a bit-

I almost stumble and I snap my mind out of it. Gross. Gross. Ew. Ew. Bruuuuh.

Tanjiro looks back at me, seeming wary but smiling softly. "You alright? You've been quiet for a while."

I nod, rubbing the back of my neck. "Y-yeah, all good here. Just uhh... haven't got much to say."

"Yeah, seems difficult to think. We're almost there though. Just stick close and be careful. I don't believe anyone will attack so you don't have much to worry about." I keep up my pace and walk right by him. He beams and we see the path ahead. Light gravel and small pebbles and rocks marked a path. In front, a white wall and arch to the building is there. There it was, the Demon Slayer Headquarters.

Sorry for inactivity, I've been busy for a bit in High School and what not. Forgive me 😭😫