Chapter 13

"Y/n," a soft, masculine voice spoke. I turned quickly to look at him, my heart throbbing. Rengoku?

   "Wh-" I stopped abruptly as I spoke, looking at the man in front of me. Fear over took my body and I was paralyzed. How did he find me? Why was he here? In daylight but I understand it's still shaded here. Right infront of me, stood him. I was done for.

   "Master Muzan has been looking for you. Tell me, why did you run from me, y/n?" Akaza spoke.

   I couldn't speak. Not a peep or sound came out of my mouth. I stood there, paralyzed and eyes puffy. Akaza took notice of this, his face flooded with worry and concern. He took a step closer and placed his hand on my cheek. He held me close, trying to be of some comfort. I couldn't help but lean in, taking the comforting gesture. It was something I needed. What if I went back? Maybe Muzan would be mad but, have I misjudged Akaza? He cares deeply for me, why would I leave him when he truly loves me?

   I don't know how I feel about any of this, but I do know I don't want to spend my lifetime with someone I don't truly love. But, at the same time, I've never experienced talking or having out with Akaza. Heck, I hardly know him, even though he has been alive for decades. I've aged normally but around the prime of my life, I would stop and stay the same. At least, that's what I believe.

   "Akaza, how did you find me?" I asked, genuinely curious. He gently took hold of my hands. That loving and caring touch turned into a furious grasp.

   "You really want to know how long it took us? How much trouble you got us into? How dangerous it was trying to find you? You could have killed and endangered the Twelve Kizuki!" He began shouting and it seemed at any moment he could get physical. I felt rage boil in my blood. He was going to ruin the peaceful life I deserved. He was going to endanger your friends and family.

   "ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" He yelled, and then lifting his hand, in a gesture he was about to inflict harm upon me. I lifted my arms above my head in defense. My claws had come out and I turned to my true demon form, ready to defend myself. I kicked him in the gut, flinging him across the tree line. If anyone saw this happen, they would more than likely find the demon slayer corps and I'd have no where to go. It would be best to leave and go into the sunlight. The only problem is that he would tell Muzan I was immune to the sun. All I had left to do was fight back. It's already around sundown, making it more likely that he would enter the village.

   The idea suddenly hit. They would think he was the demon Rengoku was searching for. It was genius. A hashira could kill him, maybe even scare Akaza off. Hopefully at least. Akaza came running, full speed. Akaza was the kind of demon who was good with combat. His durability was good but not as good as the damage he could inflict. Since he is an upper moon, he can regenerate faster than normal demons. I, however, have the upper hand. After all, being the daughter of what made them demons in the first places, I'm quicker in thinking and defense. Not to mention stamina and damage I cause is a hell of a lot better than what they can do.

   I began positioning myself, bracing for an attack. I put my arms in a defensive position, ready to block and land a hit on Akaza. He clashed into me, taking me by surprise but I stood my ground. In one swift move, I punched him in the face and roundhoused him. He was getting furious, that's what I knew. If I started running now, I could take my human form but still have the same strength in my legs so I still appear normal, but fast if someone saw me. If they did find me, they would have to get....

   Rengoku. I forgot I didn't want to talk to him. What if he didn't want to talk to me or help? But that would be against the Demon Slayer Corps, wouldn't it? I began making a run for it while Akaza tried to recover quickley from a broken jaw. Once he did, it seemed like he was running at an ungodly speed. I haven't eaten humans in so long, this might mean I have become weaker that him. That wouldn't make sense though. I have way aways a higher rank than him, so it would be impossible to surpass me in my level of strength.

   "I'll give you one last chance y/n," Akaza started, his breath raggedy and furious, "either you come quietly and quickly, or I have to take you by force." Even he knew he wasn't going to be able to catch me at this rate. A bluff to try to scare me wouldn't really work on me. I kept running, the village in sight. Everyone was inside, sleeping presumably. I just had to find Rengoku to help. Even if the demon slayers have been growing weaker recently, it seems that Rengoku has the most power I've seen in a demon slayer in years. I ran as fast as possible, tripping over myself and finding myself in the streets of the village. I looked up and around, only to see Akaza was gone.

   Coward, I thought, he ran away because he knew what I was doing. Trying to get help. Even he has a small fear of these demon slayers. Especially if Daki and Gyutaro died because of them. I heard footsteps approaching, and the smell if something cooked. I turned to see Rangoku.

   "Y/n, it isn't safe out here. Are you alright?" he asked. I paused but nodded. I didn't want to risk his life. Akaza would give up and leave another time. If Rengoku died, I would never forgive myself.

   For the rest of the night, he walked me home. Everything was silent. We didn't dare say a word to each other. As the silence was exchanged, I came back home.

   "I'm really sorry about everything," I told him.

   "I still shouldn't have done that to your friend, Yūkan," Rengoku replied. I turned back and shut the door behind me once I got back inside. I felt so tired. I can't sleep with the thought things are going to start getting worse at this point.

   I'm sorry I never edited or finished this till now. Being a student and having issues right now as a writer and a human just make this so weird. I'll brainstorm the next ideas for chapter 14. For now, have fun and keep up on the series, things will get better.