Chapter 5

I stood up fast and my face was in shock. Right now, he had to begin this talk when I turned nineteen! I looked back to see Akaza's face red. It was a huge mix of expressions. Worry, embarrassment, shock, and a tiny bit of happiness. You had to be kidding me, were they up to something this whole time!

    "With all due respect Akaza and Master Muzan, MARRIAGE! I'M NINETEEN AND HARDLY LEAVE THIS PLACE! YOU EXPECT ME TO MARRY AKAZA, no offense there isn’t anything wrong with you, AND GET PREGNANT SO YOU CAN GET A FLOWER! YOUR OWN DAUGHTER?" I yelled. Akaza covered his face with his hands while Muzan sighed.

    "I'm afraid that this is the only way. Once demons become immune to the sun, we can take over and no humans will be left," He quietly stated. "If you have a problem with that, I'm afraid you are going to face punishment for it." 

    I knew what he meant. Me being the only heir to mom's abilities should have a small chance to appear in an offspring I would have. Meaning, I would have to have tons of children until I finally find the one in a hundred chance of the kid having the ability to control plants. Meaning… oh sweet Jesus. Muzan stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder.

    "This is a little 'experiment' so any kids you have will be killed by me when they reach the age of ten so I can see what abilities they have. Once I have your mom's, you may stop. Akaza is a part of this one since Kokoshibo and Douma are top ranks and have their own things. Plus, I trust Akaza. The other Upper Ranks are not exactly capable of this task." I look down to the floor and remove his hand. I walked out of the room and inside my own room, locking the door behind me.

    I was scared, terrified. My life just began and I wanted it to be a free life. That's what mom would have wanted. It's what I want. I started to pace around the room and squeeze my pillow in my arms, clawing at it and leaving holes in it. My whole life is about to be taken away from me because of my dad. Not to mention, Akaza may have actually volunteered, trying to earn respect from Muzan. 

    I've heard things like him being scolded by Muzan. Daki surprisingly hasn't gotten scolded by him. Wait a minute… MUZAN'S A SIMP! I felt my blood boil until I felt the wash of sadness kick in. There was no way out of this. But what if there was?

    I stood straight up and grabbed a small back, packing clothes, currency, and supplies I was going to need. Everything else would stay. I was going to be staying here until I felt like the time was right. Like a few days still here but the bag would still be packed. For now, I would have to keep up an act of kindness and support of the marriage. I layed down on the bed and stare at the ceiling while I hold back what's on my mind. Someone knocked on the door so I sighed and unlocked it. Akaza.

    "I'm sorry that things are awkward. If you want, we can talk or do things another time. But eventually we have to," He told me. I nodded.

    "I'd like to talk later, if that's fine with you," I told him 

    "Y-yeah, that's all good." He walked out of the room and Muzan teleported him to somewhere he could stay. The sun would be coming up soon anyways and not even Akaza could make it to somewhere to hide. I shut the door and began thinking about my plan to escape. Where would I even go though? Where would I stay? If I was staying there forever to be a human, I would have to make sure that I can't get teleported to the infinity castle.

    I stayed laying on my bed and began falling asleep. I began hoping to find a better life. Maybe even live a normal life instead of a demon's life.