Chapter 6

For the past few days, I stayed inside unless I told my father I was going out. There were the usual kills. Low to medium level demon slayers, villagers, and farmers. But my main mission was to escape. I was going to find a perfect town to stay in, get a job, and live a normal life. Now that I think about it, how will I survive without eating humans? Maybe I should find the boy with the green checkered kimono, his sister hasn't eaten anybody as far as I know and may still be alive.

   As each day passed, I changed up plans to make sure that they would be full proof and work. Thinking about what town I would stay in, how I will survive, and taking money from my victims so I have currency to start out with. I was worried about Muzan somehow finding out or even Akaza. I didn't really think Akaza was taking an interest in me but it may just be Muzan's orders that he's following.
I layed on my bed, holding up my favorite plushy in my hands. I was still thinking about a good town when suddenly Muzan came in. I sat up as he entered the room. His arms were crossed on his chest and slightly smiling.

   "I'm glad you're thinking ahead about towns to stay in, I knew I raised you right," He said. He must have been reading my mind and knew I was thinking of towns, but not for the purpose of what he's thinking of.

   "Oh, yes. I was thinking that if I moved out I would need to stay undercover somewhere else with Akaza," I said calmly.

   "That's very good. One I would recommend is the Entertainment District where Daki was."

   "Was? What do you mean by ''she was''''?"

   "I forgot to tell you, demon slayers, four of them, killed her and Gyutaro. One was the sound of hashira but he has retired. The others were middle class demon slayers. It was the boy and his sister we were looking for and his friends." It felt like a stab to the heart. Daki was my best friend and these demon slayers just killed her. I looked down to the floor.

   "Oh no... what does this mean for the ranks?"

   "Rui is already dead and the other lower ranks will have to have a talking to. For now, I will keep the ranks the same and plan."

   "If I may ask, what happened to the Entertainment District?"

   "It was sort of destroyed but people are rebuilding quickly so I think you could move there by the time you and Akaza marry."

   "I understand, I will keep it in mind." Muzan walked back and out the door, shutting it gently behind him. I curled up and pressed my knees against my chest. I had to leave quickly, and make sure to not go to any place I was thinking of when Muzan came in. It was the smartest idea. This left the only other town I knew. The Northwest Village. Even though Muzan would be able to teleport me or see what I see, I had just the thing. It was an old necklace that took away Muzan's ability to use his power on me. As long as I wore it, I would be safe. It was a small item made thousands of years ago when Muzan was just hundreds of years old. They were already trying to get rid of him and trying to save people from becoming demons. They had a witch enchant the item and forged the steel from Nichirin steel.

   I slipped on the black chained necklace. Today would be the day I would run and live a new life. I started to grab my bag and locked the door to my room. I would escape through the window. It was the middle of the night so there was still a chance Muzan could see me escape and go after me. But if I went during the day, that would risk the secret of being immune to the sun. I slowly opened the window and began stepping outside. It makes me glad that my room was on the first floor.
I jumped from the window and began running, not daring to look back. I slipped into my human form and thought of where I wanted to go. I opened my eyes and found myself at the Entertainment District. I wanted to come here to check the wreckage. The area I was in was in ruins. The scenery was dark and ruined.

   Building's were collapsed and burned to the ground. This fight must have been a terrible nightmare for them. Not a sigh of plant life or human life was in sight.

   Looking around, I saw a few bodies and blood. It hurt to see this but I wanted to leave flowers for Daki and Gyutaro. I reached down and into the bag, pulling out f/f (Favorite Flowers) I got for them. There was a scent that was all too familiar. I went to the area and guessed this was where they died. I planted the flowers in the dirt and stood straight.

   I turned and looked up at the sky, noting the large amounts of stars in the sky. I let out a sigh and clutched my hands into a fist. I would find the boy and his friends who killed them. But what about my new life? I guess Muzan would have to deal with this boy. I just hope Gyutaro and Daki found peace. The thought of Daki and her brother made me remember how they were always telling me about things I never knew. They were sweet and I knew I would miss them.

   I haven't been to the Northwest Village before so I had to teleport to an area nearby. There was a trail a few miles away from the village leading there. More than likely, I would find farmers there in the area. But it being the middle of the night, no one should be outside. I made sure everything was okay before I teleported. I looked around and saw a forest on both sides of the trail. As I began walking I knew things were going to be different and difficult since I would be starting a completely new life in a village I've never been to.

   The sounds of birds chirping and crickets were nearby and soft. All of a sudden, all sounds from the forest went silent. Taking note of this, a predator would be nearby or a person. I took out my bladed fan and held it in my hands, preparing for a fight. In a matter of seconds, something lunged at me. I immediately dodged it and looked over at the pitiful demon. It's hair was long and black, showing this might be female. Her eyes were purple and her skin was a light gray. She wore a ripped up demon slayer outfit and abnormally long claws and tusk like teeth. Nonetheless, I would be putting this demon in its place.

   As she came in for a second attack, I roundhoused her in the face and threw a left hook. She was sent flying into the treeline faster than she came in for the attack. I continued as the demon cursed me out, calling me inhuman. If only she really knew who she was messing with. With one swift move, she tried coming back for another attack. She was really getting on my last nerve. In a split second, her head came off, and I held my bladed fan, covered in her blood.