Chapter 4

For about an hour the train rode on to my destination. With the train already being late, and the fact I held the train back when Rengoku offered the ticket, I was going to be in big trouble. Father would have been home by now and waiting for me in the mansion. The punishment would either be scolding and grounding, or the complete torment of being locked in the house and having someone look after me. I looked out the window and saw up ahead was the train station. A sigh left my lips as I got myself ready for the train to come to a screeching halt. 

    The station was pretty much empty. Only a few people who were waiting for others to arrive were leaving for a new city. There was no way to get the sudden surge of anger out of me. It wasn't me feeling that, but moreover dad. Oh God, he knows I was out tonight, didn't he? I was allowed to go out but I had to tell him first and what he would do is see out of my eyes and know what I'm doing.

    The train stopped and people began standing to walk off the train. I was one of the first people off of the train and I started to speed walk back home. I knew the directions, like they were printed into my mind. Stress began taking over my body. If he really knew I was out, this would be a terrible ending for me. The sun was still not out but the moon would be falling in about two hours. I walked down the busy streets and passed the tall and illuminated buildings. I needed to take my demon form in an alleyway or something. If I did, I would make it to the mansion without there being any suspicion. But alas, it seemed every direction I went, more and more people would be there. I growled under my breath in frustration until I stumbled upon an empty alley.

    I quickly made my way there and took my form before anyone could come anywhere near. My teeth became sharper along with my claws. I started to think of where I wanted to go and successfully made it to my room. I let out a relieved sigh. (The room looked like this):

    As I made my way out of the room, I looked around the halls

    As I made my way out of the room, I looked around the halls. No one was there so I checked the entrance and the living room. There was a note on the door left by my father.

Dearest y/n, 
I have business to take care of in another one of the homes I'm disguised in. DO NOT try to sneak out and make sure to eat some of the extra people we keep in the 'secret compartment'. Akaza will be coming over at some point but he might come over earlier than I will be back.

    I crumbled up the note and threw it into the trash. I was lucky dad wasn't home yet and didn't know I already snuck out. BUT WHY IS AKAZA COMING! I mean, I don't have an issue with him, he's nice but why is he suddenly coming over? Upper Ranks haven't come to this mansion to my knowledge. What if the Infinity Castle is here and the meeting is held here? No, I always attended the meetings and I would know if it was here.

    I took out the shards of the blade the young demon slayer had and walked to my room. I had a small box on a dresser that held the Nichirin Blades pieces in it. I made sure to organize which color and still left the spot for the red and black blade colors. I had no idea what to do at this point and just had questions about the reason Akaza was coming over. I jumped onto my bed and layed outstretched on it. I then went back to thinking about Rengoku.

    "Why was he so nice!" I yelled to myself, hitting my face with my pillow. How could one demon slayer just flood my brain! I killed many and he just managed to catch my attention for SMILING! Could I… No, I would never. I was caught off guard when I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I turned into my human form just in case it was a person who was knocking and I began walking out. I walked up to the front door and opened it. The moon was still out and I took in the familiar facial features. 

    Black lines and markings on his face, yellow eyes with a three in Japanese as his pupils, red hair, and sleeveless light purple haori with a square pattern on the back and is cropped at his waist that is left open showing off his chest. He has white baggy pants rolled up to below his knees and is tied at his hips with a blue tie and red tassels. He goes barefoot and has large beads tied around his ankles. Akaza, Upper Rank three of the Twelve Kazuki. The basketball Upper Moon. (Sorry I Had To!) I flashed him a smile and welcomed him in. 

    "Why don't you sit on the couch? Master Muzan will be back soon, he's a little busy but should be back from his job," I told Akaza.

    "Okay," He simply said back. Things were awkward between us right now. We had no idea what to talk about at the moment.

    "Sooooo," I started, "Anyone interesting you ran into. Like a demon slayer?" Just great, he's going to think I met up with a demon slayer.

    "No, just regular humans. Why did you run into one?" He asked.

    "I actually did. He was a regular one but now he's dead. I have a feeling that demon slayers are just throwing in random kids because they are decreasing in amounts." I technically didn't lie. I ran into a demon slayer that was weak but then there was Rengoku.

    "I agree with you, these demon slayers are just getting weaker and weaker. None of them can even put up a good fight. I wonder if any of them are hashiras and I just fought a weak one. More than likely I didn't though, they have to be strong in order to survive." I nodded. 

    "Are you thinking about challenging any of the ranks?"

    "At some point yes. I just need to find more strong humans so I can get stronger. Maybe I can take on Douma or Kokoshibo. I'd be happy to eliminate Douma from his spot, I bet it'd devastate him." Akaza seemed to not get along with Douma. I mean, Douma was sort of annoying but also smart. He was upper two so he still should get respect for his hard work.

    The door then opened and Muzan appeared. Akaza stood up and we both bowed, saying hello master Muzan. He just nodded.

    "Sit," He quietly instructed. We did so as he stood in front of us. Wait, why is it only Akaza and not more upper ranks? What is going on here exactly? 

    "You know I've been trying to find the blue spider lily or at least find someone immune to the sun," Muzan started. I had to make sure not to panic or think about what mom did to save me.

    "So, I have an idea. If y/n still has her mother's genetic trait making plants, she would have to pass it on," Muzan began. My face instantly went pale and my eyes widened. I didn't dare look at Akaza and his reaction.

    "Y/n, you and Akaza are going to be selected into marriage. I'm afraid you can't tell me otherwise," Muzan said.