Chapter 9

Heh, 🤌 I FEEL TERRIBLE! I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED I FINALLY UPDATED AFTER SO LONG AND I KNOW I WAS JUST GOOFING OFF BUT IT'S SUMMER AND SCHOOLS COMING AND I HAVE NO SOUL!!!!!! Again, I Am Sorry. Enjoy!

    I stood in a shocked silence. How did I know he was a hashira? It was because of the speed, the power, and I finally noticed his rank on his wrist. The scent of wisteria was strong on him and I could spot his wisteria engraving. He faced me and my mind instantly made me think I should be ready for an attack at any second, causing me to shift myself. Rengoku only smiled and offered me a hand. 

    "Why don't I take you home? I was going to be staying longer here since I've been told there could be another demon here," He smiled. How come he doesn't know I'm a demon? I thought that he was going to be able to see I was a demon. I was in a disguise, of course he wouldn't know.

    "Um, thanks yeah I should be getting home," I tell him. "So there is another demon?"

    "Yes, it is believed that there was one caught coming to the village here and shape-shifting. Some think it’s someone we have been tracking down and needing to kill." He took my hand in his and began walking me back. My face turned red. I should stop, he wouldn't want to know what I really was. Why are his hands so warm, so soft?

    "You don't think that demon was the shifter?"

    "No, that demon wasn't at all powerful. Also, the demon was reported to come here months ago. I would have come sooner but I was a little busy." I nodded as we continued walking down the street.

    "Is there a period of time before you leave?"

    "I'll leave in two weeks if the demon doesn't show any signs of being here. Then I will leave and report the crow must have seen something else. It's not exactly common for our crows to get something wrong like that though." I nodded and smiled but the thoughts in my head screamed worry. He suspected me. I may be a powerful demon, but I have never faced a hashira before. I didn't even see that demon coming but somehow he did.

    "Well Rengoku, do you have a place to stay yet? I'm just wondering since I don't know when you even got here."

    "Oh yeah, I just got here." My mind went blank as I plainly stared at him.

    "Wha- huh?"

    "Yes, I took longer than I should have so I came as soon as I possibly could."

    "Cooooooooool… well then, I will see you later Rengoku-san. Hope you find the demon you're looking for."

    "You too." He realized what he said. "Shoot I mean- never mind." I laughed and began walking back.

    "Goodnight Rengoku-san, I guess I will see you in the morning. He smiled at me and nodded, walking in the opposite direction. My heart continued to flutter and I felt my cheeks warm up. I was a little disappointed he wasn't going to stay here for long. Upon walking back, I felt like I was being watched. I turned around to find nothing. I knew it could just be paranoia and I would have known if someone was following me if they were both human or demon.

    The moon illuminates my path back to Yūkan and Nozomi's home. When I made it to the doorstep, I opened the door quietly. As I did, I was tackled to the ground. In instinct, I was going to push them off but too much strength would lead to my identity being found. I looked and saw it was Nozomi. She was hugging me and shaking.

    "I THOUGHT THE DEMON GOT YOU! ARE YOU MAD!?!? YOU SHOULDN'T BE OUT THERE!" I sighed and hugged her back, whispering an apology. We later made up and went back to our bedrooms. Once I was in my room and laying in my bed, I curled up, and thought only about tomorrow.