Pool Parties And Fights

Skylar walked down the hall reading with her Walkman listening to Softs Cell's tainted love

Steve noticed as she kept her eyes peeled to the book as other students jumping out of the way. He smiled on how she was oblivious to anything whenever she was reading.

Steve walked over to her and like she felt his presence She pulled her Walkman down so it hung around her neck.

"Hey"

"Hey, thanks for bringing my car back in one piece"

"Thanks for letting me use it"

"What are you reading this time?" Steve questioned trying to get a look at the cover.

"The outsiders"

"Again? Isn't that the book you called me about at 2 in the morning because someone died?"

"Yes, and his name is Dally" she said and Steve chuckled at how serious she got.

"Oh, thanks for walking my sister home, you didn't have to"

"Sure, did she talk to you about anything?" Steve asked nervous Dakota ratted him out.

"No...why?"

"No reason" he shrugged trying to play it off but failed

"How's things with you and Nancy"

"Good, really good" he lied. Well it wasn't a full lie. In truth things were good between them. They were happy. But Steve felt something was off. Whenever he kissed Nancy he wished it was someone else. But he couldn't say that since he was already in a relationship. So he suppressed his feeling hoping they would go away. He really hoped they did.