Late Night Phone Calls

They pulled up to the Byers household where once they got out the kids were hugged by Joyce and Nancy hugged Mike

They pulled up to the Byers household where once they got out the kids were hugged by Joyce and Nancy hugged Mike. Sky stood back at the car and Hopper walked next to her.

"You ok, kid?"

"No, not really" she sighed and Hopper nodded

"I know it's a lot. I'm sorry you have to go through this."

"If I wasn't involved. Would you tell me about it?"

Hopper sighed. He honestly wouldn't have. If he had to keep it a secret in order to protected his kids he would do it without question.

"No, no I probably wouldn't have. If I wasn't involved would you have told me?" Hopper contradicted

"No, probably not" Skylar replied truthfully

"How about we make a new rule, we don't do anything stupid and we don't lie?"

"I like the sound of that" Sky smiled and Hopper started to walk towards the house.

Sky pulled him into a hug that at first surprised Hopper but he smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Thanks for saving us, Dad" she said and Hopper felt his heart grow. He hadn't been called a father in a long time. He missed it. He still missed Sara but he realized he didn't need to feel as if he was replacing her. He was doing what he was meant to do, be a father. He also realized this was the first time he called her dad, Dakota did a few times but Skylar never did.

"Anytime"

They walked in and Jonathan hugged her happy his friend was alright.

"I'm glad your ok"

"Thanks, you too"

She looked over at Nancy and hugged her as well