Epilogue

Darkness, coldness and nothingness. 

Its what I could describe what I was feeling. The sensations that first hit you before you are fully conscious, before you can move, speak, or even open your eyes. 

I don't think its meant to feel like this. Something isn't right...I think. 

It's not like the old coldness I felt. Its not the same darkness that lurked and plagued my mind daily. In this darkness, I didn't feel helpless.

My mind didn't feel heavy, weighed down. That usual dread that made me tense wasn't there.

I feel relaxed. This darkness is welcoming, its nice.                                                   Its death.

//

"Grace," A whisper says lowly. 

It was a voice I knew all too well. It made my body hum and I felt my eyes slowly open. 

It was as if I was looking at the world in a new light. It was just an empty room and a man. But It was the most real thing I've seen in all my life. 

"Luciano," I heard myself whisper. 

I stared into his dark eyes as his hand cupped my face slowly stroking my cheek. 

His touch was warm. Igniting. 

"You have nothing to worry about," he said softly, then paused, "-I'm here. I'm going to be here for our eternity."

His words had a deeper meaning and I understood exactly what he meant. 

I'm dead.

I couldn't help but smile.