Chapter 2

Waking up to the same ceiling was utterly tedious.

So was the same six a.m sunlight peeking through the thin grey curtains to notify the presence of the sun, indicating morning.

My eyes remained heavy lidded and half opened as I gazed at the ceiling for several seconds. Then a small momentarily blissful thought occurred at the reminiscence of no school today.

However almost immediately it vanished at the thought of how quickly the weekend would pass.

I rolled over to my side and stuck my foot out from under the blanket, lazily inspecting the oddly knit red and white striped sock that passed my ankles.

If I wasn't mistaken, it was the ones my mothers mother; Ruth had made for me almost five years ago before she had passed away. She was extremely polite and tender from what I could recall.

A trait that my mother seemed to have not obtained. Maybe then that mean't my grandfather was a lost person that lacked self direction.

The thought of the way my mother was and acted, was bitter in itself.

Sighing, I twirled sluggishly off my bed laying on the floor for a few seconds. The bed might as well had only been a mattress seeing how insanely close it was to the floor.

The dark navy looking sheets were tightly wrapped around me and I suppressed a groan as the suns light was directly inline with the slight opening of my grey curtains, that made a bee line for my eyes.

Shielding the light from my eyes, I untangled my body and kicked the sheets away from me.

Then it was the same routine as every morning.

Shower, get dressed, eat, brush teeth and then leave.

The upside was that I had something to leave for. Luciano. Arnold's words about the removing of all the old and long forgotten graves was somewhat surprisingly unsettling.

The thought alerted me with some sort of urgency. Perhaps Luciano was long disposed of already and my usual routes were now meaningless.

What would that mean for me now? It probably mean't my life would be spent within the four walls of my room during the times I didn't attend school.

It didn't matter really. To what extend was I planning on visiting an old graveyard for a dead old man I never knew or wasn't even born to know in the first place?

It was a shame that I wouldn't have the chance to have an actual lengthy conversation with someone again knowing my circumstances. However that's the way things were.

I didn't mind, Luciano was nothing but something I grew in investing my time towards.

Either way, here I was, currently making my way to the cemetery.

The atmosphere was always empty. That was no surprise. I simply walked straight with my scarf around my neck and hands dug in my coats pockets.

However something not part of my routine was in place.

One of the boys from yesterday.

Just like yesterday, he stood a little away from the cemetery with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning onto a tall thick tree on the side of the graveled road.

He was the one who had spoken to me first the previous day, with the green eyes, Ethan.

As I neared him I ended up coming to a slow pause as he leaned off of the tree and also dug his hands into his hoodies pockets as he nodded towards the cemetery.