Chapter 6

My thoughts were on halt as I stared at the back of the tall figure.

I could still see the crazed man who looked up at the other man in front of me with that same smile.

I didn't move or make a noise as the man with the blonde blood stained hair slowly rose to his feet and clasped his hands together with a look of delight.

"Oh my," he gushed excitedly, his eyes sparkling, "-It's a fellow spawn of the devil!"

At this stage, I was swamped by confusion and all these disorderly events constantly occurring was overwhelming me immensely.

However I wasn't stupid and was able to put two and two together with the words devil and the extending of sharp teeth I had seen seconds before.

These men were not ordinary people.

The man who stood in front of me didn't respond and stood motionless staring at the man in dead silence.

The aura around this darkly clothed man was strangely familiar. It was tense, as if an invisible force had gripped onto the air and was tightening its fists, creating a suffocating like feeling.

The insane man who stood opposed to us was glowing with excitement at the new challenge that faced him.

He took an exaggeratedly slow step in our direction with an eyebrow raised, grin in place, waiting for a reaction or a bite back as he glanced at his foot; wanting us to acknowledge his daring move.

His hands were dug into his pockets as he lowered his head, blonde hair falling over his eyes, that smile shifting into a dark one suddenly appearing intimidating.

He looked like he was ready to pounce at any second and I continued to stare at him with an emotionless gaze, awaiting what was going to happen next because suddenly, my life had become unpredictable.

It was almost as if I could sense the man in front of me was prepared to speak. I could feel the air turn into that of ice, as the clouds seemed to gather and instinctively darken.

"Leave."

That's all he had to say. I could imagine this unknown mans face to be completely blank as his voice was void of any emotion and didn't hold a noticeable tone to it, except perhaps a low calm one.

That in itself, was also strangely familiar.

Familiar like the stranger at my door the other night.

The crazed man didn't give up. He simply stood still and rolled his eyes with the same patronizing smile.

"I don't mean to quite brag," he said sounding somewhat posh as he swayed on his feet, amused, "-however you can't even begin to imagine how long I've been roaming this pathetic globe compared to you. You must be somewhat new and in that I find this surprisingly amusing than usual!"

The dark haired man near me didn't bulge.

"Oh?" he surprisingly didn't take as long to reply this time. His voice was dry but sarcastic and secretly amused in a dark and odd way.

I took a step back. Observing the men. Their words utterly puzzling.

It was clear that there was some underlining mystery in what they were saying. I didn't allow my mind to conjure up such bizarre theories even though I had a few answers.

They stared at each other intently for a momentarily time frame before the blonde haired one let out a chocked laugh gripping his neck.

I wasn't certain if he was in pain nor did I understand his sudden movements. He began laughing breathlessly as he held his hands up in a sudden gesture of surrender.