Chapter 11

The knocks at the door paused and I continued to stare at the brown wooden door.

I didn't think Ethan would have decided to walk back through the pouring rain and go for another walk.

Again, as to who it could be was very limited.

Luciano didn't waver from his usual hard still stance and also looked towards the door, an unfazed expression on his face.

The handle of the door suddenly turned and paused once it couldn't go any further. The person on the other side applied a little more pressure and the unstable door clicked, before opening successfully. I wasn't the least bit surprised, that handle had given up years ago.

Unexpectedly, a familiar face popped through the small opening of the door.

I stared blankly as the blonde man from the forest stared right back at me, a cheshire grin spreading across his face as his green like eyes lit up.

My feelings were just as dull as the look I was giving him. I was absolutely clueless as to why he and Luciano were here.

Luciano turned slightly his aura somewhat dark as he stared at the blonde haired man who wasn't covered in blood like the last time I had seen him, his hair somewhat long as it laid messily just past his ears.

"I thought I scared you off," Luciano commented lowly.

The blonde haired man helped himself in and closed the door behind him as his hand rested on the handle. He wore a similar brownish coat and black leather gloves that matched his boots, the laces undone. 

He tilted his head back slightly and took in a deep breath before looking back at me.

"My, I've certainly missed you too. However her scent is all I can smell and I wouldn't mind drinking her tonight," he said with a wide grin.

Luciano and I both didn't respond and I walked back over to the sofa, sitting down meeting the strange man's gaze.

He suddenly giggled and then shook his head viciously before relaxing into a more subtle look.

"I'll play nice. Promise," he smiled sweetly.

I didn't match his humor and looked up at him blankly. Luciano didn't pounce or anything like that so this man probably wasn't a threat or as strong as Luciano.

"What are you doing in my house?"

The man pouted at my words and ignored them as he stalked towards me.

Luciano neared slowly also, watching the other man's movements.

The insane creature sat next to me staring into my eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Can I have a name to the face?" he asked lifting his hand and slowly trailing his forefinger down my cheek.

"Grace," I said bluntly.

He simply grinned at me and gazed over my head to where Luciano would be standing. The man tilted his head and his grin widened.

"You, Luciano I have heard much of. Tell me, how did you get out?" the man said in an excited tone and I also glanced at Luciano who stared at the man with a emotionless look.

"I didn't think you would have been alive when it happened," Luciano commented.

The man near me gave Luciano a sly look before chuckling lowly, his tone suddenly much more collective.

"Oh, I wasn't. I was dead at the time. Newly turned, that is."

Luciano didn't respond.

"I'll admit, I forgot about you until I realized who you were. You were very much spoken of back a century," the man paused, that all time grin had returned, his eyes glazed with that of a crazed man, "-don't seem so heart broken. But then again I would be too if everyone knew I was buried alive by humans and not a single fellow creature came to the rescue."