Chapter 10

Luciano stared at me for a few moments before his grey like eyes flickered towards the ceiling and towards the mini kitchen.

He stood a few feet away from where I sat and I stared at him.

He was soaked from the rain outside however he showed no signs of shivering or any hints suggesting that he was cold.

I began to shrug off the coat, the cold air in the house hitting me the more the coat slipped off. The lights where already open and slightly dim.

"Keep it on," Luciano abruptly said not looking over at me as he continued to examine my small house.

I paused for a second, however simply slipped the black coat back over my shoulders, not questioning it.

I leaned back on the sofa as I continued to look at the side of his face, his eyes wondering.

"Where were you," I asked referring to his sudden appearance not too long ago right after Ethan had left.

Luciano finally turned slightly to face me, as he stared at me blankly.

"I was trapped in a coffin for several decades," he answered distastefully, "-I have much to observe."

I was asking in terms of finding out why he was here.

I didn't feel anything to be annoyed or frightened to kick him out.

So I sat motionlessly.

"You don't seem surprised," I commented.

For someone who hasn't been around he didn't seem surprised about his surroundings. From what I knew things were a lot more different back when he were alive.

Or dead.

"I heard all the changes you could say," Luciano said lowly glancing down at the carpet as he spoke.

"Which wasn't much in this area. However I could hear into town. The revolution," He said his tone somewhat light but his face hard.

"Like?" I said plainly.

Luciano looked over at me.

His eyes held a heavy look and he stared for a few moments before speaking, his eyes unwavering.

"The way people interact mostly. The use of speech and the change in mannerism. Chivalry was much more utilised in my time if I must say," Luciano clicked his tongue.

I knew he wasn't human. It wasn't quite believable but the dullness I felt didn't even bother to freak out. No instinct such as flight or fight nipped at me.

"Your hearings that good?" I asked with no emotion. My dull tone made it sound more like a statement rather a question.

Luciano's posture was well kept. He stood extremely tall and still. Not breathing. His jaw was clamped tight and his face was chiseled to perfection.

"Indeed," he responded lowly, "-better than what I do now. I was trapped in darkness and naturally my sight and hearing were magnified. More than that of a human or younger creature than I."

This made me stare at him. I dully looked over his figure. He seemed older than my age, without a doubt. But even late twenties could be pushing it for his age.

"How old are you?"

I recall the insane blonde creature back at the forest. They spoke of Luciano's ability and how that reflected on his age. From a third party it looked like mind control or the blonde man was experiencing some inner inflicted pain.

I caught onto Luciano's small grin that better yet could've been a grimace.

"Old."

Old could mean anything. It could mean hundreds or thousands of years.