Chapter 33

Darkness.

That's all that I was surrounded by when I opened my eyes. My nose tingled when I inhaled a breath of air and I suppressed a cough that threatened to creep out. 

I didn't have trouble remembering the vampire who hit a harsh blow to my head, right after the fact that Amelia was waiting for me.

And I could only imagine what would happen to me now. 

With my vision still a little blurry, I glanced around, dazed, recognising myself to be indoors to a large room. 

It resembled that of a lounge, and the tall narrow windows that allowed a flow of moonlight in- was the only source of dimmed light. 

I slowly stood up from the cold ground that was pavement. The place looked almost like the indoors of an abandoned mansion that hadn't been touched in centuries. 

I took a small step forward and immediately froze. There was a couple of stray sofas around the lounge that caught my eye. 

Dreadfully I began to glance at a few of them. As my eyes slowly began to travel to the last one, an even heavier feeling of dread wedged itself in my chest as I instinctively knew someone would be there. 

And, I wasn't wrong. 

The vampire that appeared as if he was only a mere teenager, laid on his back with his eyes closed. He had an arm covered over his eyes and looked as though he was sound asleep. 

His chest moved up and down slowly, and I watched frozen, heart steady. Despite my unresponsive body my mind was running wild and I didn't dare take another step. 

As if knowing he was being stared at, it wasn't hard to see the boys resting mouth suddenly curve into a smile. 

He removed his arm from over his eyes to reveal open brown eyes that snapped to me. 

He let out a small laugh and turned onto his side on the sofa, propping himself onto his elbow as he watched me. 

"Hmm?" he hummed, "-going somewhere Ma'am?" he asked and I let out a shaky sigh. 

I stared at him blankly, which he returned. 

"Well?" I asked blandly, "-wheres Amelia? Will she kill me yet?" I asked. 

Even though I had only recently been fearing death and coming to the realisation I did not infact feel as carefree as I thought, I knew that there were still threats lurking around who'd rather I be dead. 

"She really doesn't like you," he smirked, "-something about hurting Luciano," he murmured as if to think back before shrugging. 

I paused at Luciano's name. 

"She wants to get back at him?" I asked not quite understanding the situation. 

The boy looked at me oddly, as if I had said something extremely silly. 

"Amelia can't go off and do as she pleases, George would snap her pretty little neck," he chuckled, "-You're  what George is holding over Luciano." 

My heart sunk. 

"What are you? His human lover? Sure, you're kinda cute," he said with a shrug as he glanced me up and down, "- but not leverage worthy." 

His words mean't nothing to me. However my heart slightly ached at the thought of the vampire who was meant to be my father was using me to get to Luciano. 

I knew that vampires weren't like humans. Not even slightly. But I knew that they could be. I knew that they can care. Atleast, that's what I've interpreted from Luciano.