Chapter 5

This Monday morning was particularly foggy and big grey clouds were covering the suns light. The air was still and outside consisted of complete silence. I listened to the rhythm of my feet stepping on the pavement as I walked with my head down, hair also down, covering my face lightly.

I was following the path down my house, and had been walking for a little while, now passing the entrance of my school. The building was small and didn't have many students, the school lacking in several departments.

As I walked past, I could hear moderate murmurs of the students entering, as I continued to walk straight, ignoring the fact that I was supposedly meant to enter the school myself.

No one made it out of here successful and the school didn't have much to offer. In thinking so, I didn't glance up even once.

The path I was heading down also would eventually take me down to the cemetery that I knew all to well.

However, once I got to the gates of the cemetery, I didn't have to glance to see the missing gravestones, and machinery waiting to be put to use by the workers who'd return back for another day at work later towards noon.

The atmosphere of the cemetery didn't have the same welcoming aura like it had before, back when it was basically like home to me.

So I kept walking straight, killing time. The only time I did glance up was to simply stare at the tall trees near the pebbles that where merged with the concrete that soon led to soil and grass.

I walked between the trees and slowed down.

It was quiet. Not as quiet as the cemetery but it would do. It didn't give me the same feeling of company like the gravestones had, but I guess it was a decent place to pass time of my useless life.

I stood still for a few moments. I then lowered to the ground, sitting, as I eventually laid on my back, the grass beneath me soft, providing a fair amount of comfort surprisingly.

I planned to gaze at the sky for hours, however the smell of something completely off did not allow that.

I slowly stood up, my movements naturally silent as I walked further between the trees.

It didn't take many steps to spot a noticeable amount of blood that was configured in the form of a trail, suggesting the action of dragging.

Blankly, I followed what I assumed to be blood.

I could only imagine what sort of animal had killed its prey and dragged it away from the other animals to have it all for itself.

What I didn't expect, was to completely come to an abrupt stop as I heard noises. The fog wasn't to heavy, and despite the suns light covered by the clouds, the environment around me was still clear.

I followed the noise, even though I felt emptiness, I still did acquire human curiosity.

I tilted away from the tree blocking my view from the strange shuffling noise, and my breathing lowered.

Not to far away was a figure that I'd recognise as a man. I didn't say anything as I tried to observe his slouched figure. His back was faced towards me and I could hear gagging noises that didn't sound healthy at all making me inch closer just a little more.

On instinct, my hand flew to my mouth as the mans head suddenly flew up, his gaze on the sky as he let out a loud crazed laugh making me freeze in my spot.

His dark blonde hair had blood smothered on the ends of each strand as his mouth was covered in a dark crimson red, blood trailing down the corner of his mouth.