Chapter 22

The vampire who was named Amelia daringly stepped closer to me at Luciano's words. Her bright blue eyes pierced into my darker ones. I could see Luciano in my field of vision, behind the woman's head, however I kept my eyes on her. 

"Luciano?" she said in a sweet innocent voice, pouting at me, "-you never get picky on which one you want."

I watched blankly, however an overwhelming sense peeked at me and I could only stare. I couldn't help but replay the words human and lover in my head as I stared at this woman.

Luciano had told me he would end the annual feed. However he stood by the fire, body as still as iron with his usual intimidating aura. 

My thoughts were beyond confused and I didn't understand Luciano's relation to this woman. I also found myself against the idea of it being the Amelia he had mentioned prior. 

I could hear Ethan's loud, shaky breaths as he struggled to sit on the floor near the several silent humans who were wracked in shock. 

Amelia suddenly turned around, light golden hair flicking across my face in which I only blinked to.

"Please can I drink it? I'll be a good girl for you," the female vampire all but went on her knees, as she spoke to Luciano in a sultry voice. 

The creatures that were surrounded around the massive fire weren't concerned with the interaction as they feed fiercely, bodies lying around, the smell starting to really make its presence. 

I was too consumed by the thought of Luciano to even glance at the sickening wailing of humans who almost became mute as soon as teeth were sunk into them or even from shock as they waited to be killed. 

Luciano didn't reply to the woman. His silence made everything more tense and the thought of death was creeping up on me as usual. 

However I was aware of the stirring Luciano caused me to feel constantly. The thought of him now standing here, strangely made my thoughts somewhat painful to think about.  He didn't look reluctant to see me killed, and his words of consideration towards me and even the kiss now seemed pointless. 

But there was no need to be surprised. I already knew every interaction, any form of connection was indeed useless. Because in the end there is death. 

Despite these bitter thoughts, the possibility of Luciano having other plans was still an option. 

"I'd rather you not be anything for me and step away from her," Luciano said coldly. 

Amelia paused, her back facing me as I assumed her to be staring at Luciano. She then slowly turned around and came back near me. 

She grabbed my arm and the world around me blurred, as the two of us now suddenly stood a few feet away from Luciano.

My eyes fell onto Luciano who didn't waver his solid gaze ahead. 

Amelia stood in between Luciano and I, however facing me. She reached out and grabbed onto a lock of my hair, yanking it slightly in which Luciano's eyes followed to.

I started at her dully as she then gently twirled it around her finger. 

"You are fond of the human?" Amelia asked in a hushed voice which was greeted with silence. 

She then smiled, her eyes moving from my hair around her finger, to me, "-I remember a time when you loved me as a human. It's a shame you ruined it." 

I dully swatted her hand away from me, as she raised an eyebrow. She seemed a little surprised, perhaps that I wasn't quiet from shock. 

"Didn't you cheat on him or something?" I asked the woman blankly and her eyes didn't waver, ignoring me.