Confusing Feelings

"Let's study here."

Damian took Anya to a part of the school garden where he would always hang out to clear his mind.

"Wow! Anya didn't know there's a place like this here!" she exclaimed. "It's very pretty."

Anya gazed at the tall bushes adorned with white viburnums in the maze-like walls around them. The flower has a beautiful scent that made her feel like she was one with nature. When she looked up, her eyes widened at the clear blue sky. She then examined the flowers with sparkles in her eyes.

Damian watched her admire the place. 'Does she like it that much? I hope that flower would make her feel better.'

He paused.

'Wait, what am I thinking?' He coughed lightly to clear his mind. He surely doesn't care about this shrimpy girl! He only pitied her!

But Anya caught what went in Damian's mind.

"Anya likes it here, Sy-on boy! The sky, the flowers cleared my mind. And it feels isolated— like I am not in school. It helped me feel better!" she told him.

Damian was taken aback. 'Huh? It's like she read my mind...'

Anya froze upon hearing his thought. 'Oops,' she slipped on her secret by answering him out loud. She panicked slightly.

It was then that Damian finally spoke, "Shrimp."

Anya turned to his direction. "Yes?"

"Take the seat across mine."

Anya still can't believe Damian is taking the time to help her out. Why of all people? Well, she can't be picky. And besides, he is really good in all the subjects that she actually hit the jackpot.

However, after this, Damian might continue to insult her that she only passed because of him. Anya sighed.

But still, he offered to help him. There's only one way to show her gratitude.

"Sy-on boy..."

"Hm?"

"Anya... will do my best to pass the test. You can be strict with me," she said with eyes full of resolve.

"Hmpf. I will. But don't cry on me. If you don't understand something, ask a question. Either you do your best or you will hear from me."

"Hmm-mmm!" Anya nodded.

"I'll give you all the main points since we don't have much time. These are the ones that might probably show in the exams. Do your very best."

Damian and Anya started studying for the exams. Anya struggled to understand some of the concepts, but Damian was surprisingly patient with her.

After an hour, the two heard a tummy growl. It was Anya's. Damian turned to her who scratched her cheek in embarrassment.

"Uhm... Anya hurried to school and didn't eat breakfast this morning."

Damian decided to give her a scolding with his words. "You should have at least eaten breakfast before studying. Your mind will have difficulty focusing when you're starving."

Anya apologetically looked at him while she snickered to cover up her embarrassment.

But eventually, her resolve took over.

"It's okay! Anya had lots of sleep in place of food. I can do it!" Anya then scribbled again on the worksheet Damian gave her.

'Well, she has no time to waste.' Damian watched Anya work determinedly, bowing her head to write diligently. The boy's eyes wandered to the pair of horn-like accessories on her head.