Between the Night Skies

Author's Note:

Welcome to the Final Chapter!

I hope you'd like the surprise I have for you towards the end. Don't skip now and be patient! 😉

-❤️

~~~~~

"Stay close, Shrimp. If you get lost, it would be hard to find you."

It was dusk when Anya and Damian stepped out of Cecile Hall Dormitory to make their rounds for Elegant Composition. Remembering the once-in-a-decade sky that night, Damian decided it would be best to visit the garden later.

The two strolled the Dormitory Complex and saw the brick-made buildings for each class. It was a nice walk, Anya skipping in her steps and occasionally inspecting the flowers along the walkway, until Damian saw Bill in front of their destination. Damian quickly changed course, fearing Anya would scurry to Bill and his pet, dragging her along confused.

He brought her instead to places with great sculptures and architecture scattered within Eden, educating her about each one as they stood before them. In spite of everything however, Anya only saw these as cut slabs of rock and wood, nothing special.

'This may be harder than I thought,' Damian said with a sigh.

Finding their buildings and monuments tour unfruitful, the two went to the garden where they met Emile and Ewen. Damian's friends were thrilled to see Anya in their Bossman's company.

"It's unusual to see you here at this hour, Anya," Emile said.

"Anya was given red-iation by our teacher!" she explained.

"Remediation. Mr. Henderson paired us for Elegant Composition out of the blue," Damian said. His friends eyes immediately shot him teasing looks.

"Elegant! Happy for you, Bossman!" Ewen grinned at his friend whose ears were starting to redden.

Damian crossed his arms. "Shut up. You don't know how difficult it is to teach her. And Shrimp, don't get the wrong idea."

"Anya knows you like teaching me, Sy-on boy." Anya smirked. She heard his happy thoughts as they strolled.

"Huh? Never." Damian denied the ridiculous and false claim.

"Anyway, we're just about done here so you guys can stick around," Emile told Damian and Anya.

"Uhm, isn't the garden big? Anya wants to go further if that's okay."

"Fine. But stay close to me, Shrimp, it's dark."

"Okay, Sy-on boy!" Anya clutched her hands on her chest in excitement.

"Oh, have you received it, Bossman?" Ewen asked in a cryptic fashion.

"Yes," Damian replied nervously. Anya failed to read his jumbled mind but saw a bakery in Ewen's thoughts.

"Then you should keep going before you run out of time," Ewen nudged.

"Yeah. Did you bring your phone, Bossman? In case you forget about us later, we're giving you a ring," Emile said, smiling mischievously.