Planetarium Monday

"I'm sorry but Anya won't be able to join you today. "

Yor's voice echoed in the living room of the Forger residence as she spoke on the phone.

"Yes Becky. She is actually very excited about it. But we noticed that she still doesn't play a lot and gets tired easily. She needs one more day of rest." Yor replied in a kind voice.

"Don't worry. We think she'll be able to attend classes tomorrow. Yes, thank you, we'll tell her." She gently placed the phone back.

Yor went to Anya's room where she saw Loid sitting beside his sleeping daughter.

"Are you sure about this, Loid? Anya will surely be upset. You saw how she took her medicines and stayed in bed in order to get well fast for the Planetarium visit." Yor inquired.

Loid nodded. "It is better this way, Yor. She shouldn't move around too much. Anya's been lying on her bed for days. She must gradually return to her usual activities." Loid pointed out.

"Okay. Let's just think of the best way to tell her. I hope Anya understands."

"Mmmm." Loid agreed while scratching his cheek, a tinge of worry can be seen in his face.

~~~~~

It was as Loid feared. Unlike the usual peaceful start of the week, whining and stomping can be heard at the Forger residence that Monday morning.

"Anya wants to go to the Planetarium. WAAAAAAAA—!"

Anya whined and sniveled at her parents. Loid and Yor were struggling to comfort their upset daughter.

"Anya, it's okay..." Loid said.

"It's not okay! WAAAAAAA—!" Anya cried.

"I know! Do you want to watch Bondman? Come—"

"I don't want! WAAAAAA—-!" Anya protested.

Loid let out a deep sigh and started to become annoyed. Yor approached her husband.

"Loid, maybe we should just let her be upset for now," Yor suggested.

"Okay," Loid replied. He took a deep breath.

Once again, Loid spoke to Anya. "Anya, I know you are upset with Papa. I'm sorry," he said.

"Sorry, Anya. We know you are upset, but Mama and Papa needs to take care of you for another day," Yor told the girl.

"Anya is feeling better today. Anya wants to see the planets with Becky, mama," Anya said to her mother tearfully.

"I see, you want to go with Becky," Loid affirmed. Anya nodded.

Loid hugged his daughter. They stayed this way for a minute, Anya still crying in his arms.

"Do you want to keep studying with Becky?" asked Loid.

"Huh? Yes." Anya replied with a sob.

"Okay. Do you want to be there for the classes and excursions next time?"

Anya nodded.

"You know, Papa and Mama wants that too, Anya." Loid acknowledged. "That's why we don't want your fever back anymore."

Loid sat Anya beside him. "Right now, your body is still fighting the fever just a little bit more. That's why we have to help your body fight it by resting. It's so that when the fever is finally gone, it won't go back anytime soon— and Anya can be present in her classes and excursions all the time again."

Anya looked her father in the eyes. "A-Anya doesn't want to be absent anymore, Papa."

Loid patted her daughter's head.