Keep Up and Keep Close

Author's Note:

'Keep Up and Keep Close' is a sequel of 'A Mysterious Past'!

Much love.
(*' ˘ '*).oO ()

~~~~~

Fortunately, the pond park was just a short walk from where they were last. In there were green trees, misty grasses, and a serene, sparkling blue pond where swans glided and lilies floated on calm waters.

The two sat side-by-side on the nearby bench as they quietly observed their surroundings and listened to the rustling leaves. The cool breeze gently blew on them that they would not even feel the sun's heat.

The place was a peaceful scenery that soothed both Anya and Damian, sending their souls back to tranquility.

"Anya likes it here," Anya said. She breathed the fresh air.

"Me too," Damian replied.

Anya examined the pond. "Ah! There are fishes here," she said with a smile.

"Indeed." Damian saw her face free from the emotions that seared his heart as he stared at her earlier. He felt relieved.

'I'm glad she's feeling better,' he thought.

"Sy-on boy, about earlier... I suddenly remembered something... sad. Anya is sorry for crying like that on you," she said as she nervously swung her legs on the bench. She knew she had burdened him.

"It's alright," Damian replied. "I am also sorry, I... can do little to make you feel better." He pursed his lips after he apologized.

Anya shook her head.

"No, Sy-on boy. You didn't leave me behind when I was pitiful and you even brought me to this place to help me clear my mind. You have done so much. Thank you," she said sincerely.

However, to her surprise, Anya saw Damian tightly close his fist — like he was not happy with himself.

She read his mind.

'But I am responsible for how you felt, Anya. Had I not suggested this place, we would not have stumbled upon that spooky lab and—'

Anya decided to interrupt his thoughts verbally.

"Please, don't blame yourself, Sy-on boy. No one wanted this to happen," she told him.

Damian looked at her with a bewildered expression.

"You don't blame me for it?" he said.

"Anya does not blame Sy-on boy for it. It was never your fault. Okay?" she insisted.

Damian lowered his gaze.

"I-I guess you're right," he sighed.

"Seriously though... It's like you read my mind," he continued.

Anya scratched her head. "Uhhh, haha... Anya's intuition was right!" She excused.

Damian then turned to face Anya.

"But... are you really okay now?" he asked.

Anya met his eyes and saw a deeply concerned gaze.

"Yes. Sy-on boy should not anymore worry." She answered him with a reassuring smile.

"Okay, if you say so," Damian replied. Relieved, he leaned on his back and stretched his legs and arms.

~~~~~

Two beautiful swans passed before them along the pond. Anya's eyes were all sparkles as she adored them. Damian on the other hand suddenly clicked his fingers.