Pet Dogs and First Aid

Becky beamed at her mentally exhausted friend. "Good work today, Anya!"

"Ugh. Math is tough."

"But you can do it, see?" Becky pointed to the worksheet with number handwriting. "Just practice some more when you get home, okay?" Anya nodded at her friend. Their attention was drawn to the huge clock on the library wall.

"It's time for my chauffeur to arrive," Becky collected her things in one fell sweep. "See you on Monday, Anya!" They hugged tightly before she ran away with her things. Anya watched her pass the librarian with a wink.

'I should also get going. Mama is on her way.'

Anya began to stuff her pencils and worksheets into her bag, sighing as she clutched the Math book she needs to study more at home. She cleared herself for book check-out, then walked the pavements leading to the gate for the bench where she will wait for Yor.

However, one of the guards stationed at the front gate approached her before she even took a seat. "We received a call from your mother, Yor Forger. She wants to let you know that she will be leaving the office a bit later than expected. She wants you to stay put until she arrives at around 6 o'clock."

Oh, Mama's working overtime. "Okay, thank you for letting Anya know sir," she replied to the guard who earnestly nodded before going back to his post.

Anya took a seat and placed the Math book beside her. I must take care of this. Papa will scold me if I would ever need to replace this. She quietly watched her surroundings as she pondered about what she'll be doing when she gets home.

A little daydream rolled into her head.

     "Anya, you have to study," Loid told her as he swung a newspaper rolled in his hand like a baton of a music conductor.

     "Oh no, Papa, Anya already studied with Becky in the library this afternoon," Anya proudly stated, showing him the corrected worksheets that she finished with Becky's help.

     "Hmm. Good. Then you can eat two packs of peanuts while watching all the spy cartoons you want!"

"Heh..." A smirk appeared across her face when something got her attention. It was a man with a black dog on a leash and a duffle bag who scratched his face as he examined the directional signages in the divergent path. Anya looked at the dog who seemed glad to follow the man around and found it adorable.

Hmmm... Are they lost?

Now, where could the Wall Hall Dormitory be? Anya heard the man's thoughts.

Wald Hall Dormitory? I see... He must be visiting someone from another class. Maybe Anya can help.

Anya left the bench and approached the man. "Hi! Are you lost?" she inquired.

The man looked at her with an apologetic expression. "I am sorry for bothering you, milady. I am, in fact, unaware of how to get to my destination. I was supposed to be at the Wald Hall Dormitory. The guards told me it's just beside the Cecile Hall Dormitory. But I'm afraid the signages here do not tell where the dormitories are," he explained.

"Hmmm... Okay! Anya will help you get to Cecile Hall Dormitory. You can check the buildings near it when we get there." Anya cheerfully offered.

"A-are you sure, milady?" He looked at the bench from where Anya came. "I believe you are waiting for your ride. Please, do not let this man trouble you."

"It's okay," Anya replied with a smile. "Let's go, Anya will be your aide, sir." The little girl marched forth.

"Very well, milady. My deepest gratitude for your kind assistance," the man said with a slight bow.