Thank You

Damian remembered Becky in the canteen this morning.

'Peanuts, huh?'

A barrage of thoughts started to fill his mind.

'Ugh! Why am I looking for this mere commoner? I should not be approaching her in the first place. I was just being nice earlier because she was crying. I should go to the dorm now...'

But he stopped in his tracks right away.

'No, I can't. I want to give this to her.'

He walked past a group of girls in the hallway and overheard them gossiping.

"Hey you know what? That exam is totally easy."

"Yeah, only the dumbest would fail it. Anya would."

They laughed hard. Damian stopped, he felt his ears heat up.

"I wonder how she passed this school. Her parents do not look rich. If it were a donation, it probably is a very cheap one."

"You're right. It would not be enough for anything in this school. But I guess parents would do anything to give the best to their children."

"Yup. However, she doesn't belong here. She taints the school with her commoner presence, to be honest. It would be great if she fails."

They laughed again. At this point, Damian felt his blood boil.

"Hey," Damian called the girls as he slowly approached them.

"Mr. Damian! You look dashing as always! Have you finally thought about — uhm — spending time with me?!" One of the girls exclaimed.

'The nerve of this girl!' he thought.

Damian took a deep breath. "No. You're too noisy I can't walk peacefully in this hallway."

"I-is that so? We'll keep our voices down, Mr. Damian!" said the other girl.

"Right. And if I ever hear you say awful things about this school or any student again, you will be reported. Surely you will each get tonitos for that."

The girls were stunned to see the angry Damian raise his face and glare at them.

"Y-yes M-Mr. Damian." "W-we're so sorry." The girls hurriedly left.

Damian let out a deep sigh. He was feeling angry.

'How could they say awful things to her? Anya isn't even doing anything wrong.' He remembered how he has been treating her, especially on the day he was punched.

'Huh. I deserved it then because I was an idiot.' He walked to the garden to try to calm himself with the greenery. His mind wandered to one of the things the girls just said.

'Parents would do everything for their children, huh?' His jaws and fists clenched.

~~~~~

Anya bounced on her toes as she hurried to the cafeteria to find her peanuts.

"Peanuts... Peanuts... Oh, my World Class Peanuts, come to me!" Her eyes sparkled as she approached the stall. However, the man sadly gestured that all the peanuts have been bought already.

Despite feeling slightly disappointed, Anya left the stall with a smile and decided to just find Damian.

"Now where could he be? His dorm probably? Alright!" She walked towards the dormitories.

But along the way, Anya recognized Damian's thoughts.

'Parents would do everything for their children, huh?'