T H E E N D

It had been 40 years since the two boys had graduated, Frank sat on his armchair in his care home as he looked over to the shelf above the tv.

Frank let a soft sad smile form on his face as he stood up, he looked over the shelf seeing all the memories he and Gerard had shared, pictures of prom, their wedding, their honeymoon along with the picture of the two men in their 30s both joking a baby each, that was the day they got Cherry and Lily.

But in the middle of the shelf sat a hard drive, sketchbook and wedding ring, Gerard's wedding ring to be exact.

"I miss you sweetie, I'll be there soon" he mumbled before grabbing the sketchbook and sitting back down with a grunt.

Frank felt his eyes water as he flicked through the book, Gerard's perfect drawings, Frank never let anyone touch the things on that shelf not even his own daughters, they meant too much to him.

Happy yet sad tears fell down Franks face as he looked through more and more pictures until he found himself at the end.

Most of Gerard's sketchbooks were in storage, some where out in the coffin after he died.

"Hey dad" a soft voice said as they walked inside, Frank looked up and smiled sadly at Cherry before wiping his tears "hey dad, please tell me you're not crying again" she said sadly before sitting on the bed not too far from the chair "I'm sorry darling, it's just be a little hard, he died way too young"

Cherry sighed "I know but he was sick, the cancer was too painful, you wouldn't want him in pain" she mumbled, soft tears also forming in her eyes "yeah I guess so, he was my whole life, he was my soulmate, you'll understand when you also meet your soulmate, you feel empty without them"

A sharp pain shot through Franks head and he grunts "fuck"

Cherry quickly got up "dad be careful, your heart can't handle this" she said as she took his hand, Frank let out a loud cough "I'm fine darling, don't worry about me, please you should be going out, find a boyfriend like Lily, live your life, you don't always have to come and see me"

Cherry shakes her head "but I can't, not while you're sitting here miserable" he whispered, Frank shakes his head too "no no no don't be so silly, I just got a little emotional, it doesn't always happen" he said with a sad smile, he lied, of course he was hurt, he hurt everyday and cried everyday since Gerard died 4 months ago.

"But dad I want to come see you" she said desperately, Frank let out a soft chuckle "you remind me of your father, so caring, putting someone else's needs before your own, you're a good kid" he said softly, Cherry giggled "dad I'm 24 years old" she said.

Frank smiled "yeah I know, we were so happy the day you guys were born, we were only expecting one, but we were gifted with both of you" he said his hand clutching his daughters tightly "just please, go out, get a boyfriend or girlfriend, live your life, please, do it for me and your father"

Cherry nods her head softly "ok, ok fine, I love you dad, I might head out to the bar" he said before hugging him tightly "I love you too sweetie, now go"

With that Cherry left and Frank let out a soft sigh before getting up and putting the sketchbook back on the shelf.

"I'll be there soon, I love you" he mumbled as he laid down on the bed.

That night Frank Iero passed away at 9:47pm and they was when he was reunited with his loved one.