Prologue: Earth

In Saint James Middle School cafeteria sat a single boy, Drake Cohen. The cafeteria was full of life some were studying, and others were just socializing. It was study hall. Normally he would spend this time hanging out with his friend Marcy Wu who would help him study, but since there weren't any tests coming up. She insisted on going to the public library instead. So, Marcy had left school early which was technically against the rules, but nobody was going to enforce it. Now he was left all alone daydreaming while waiting for the final bell to ring before he could leave.

Drake could hear another boy with two of his friends. "Hey! Girl lover!" Drake recognized him immediately. It was the school quarterback player.

"What do you want Sam?" he asked already annoyed.

One of his friends, James spoke up. "Looks like one of your girlfriends doesn't want to spend time with you. Has she finally gotten tired of you?"

"No! She's just studying." Drake answered.

"Pfft! Yeah right! Excuses!" Sam replied.

The last one, Dante raised the pitch in his voice to sound more feminine, "Oh! I'm Marcy! I'm so smart! I love my books more than my boyfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend!" Drake snapped.

"You should really stop spending time with girls. They're probably talking about how annoying you are behind your back. Spend more time with other guys. We'd let you hang out with us, but you're beneath us." Sam said.

Drake clenched his fist and looked away trying to ignore them. A part of him wanted to throw a punch but fear of getting in trouble outweighed his frustration.

"You know, I've been working at Sasha for quite a while. I think she'll finally go out on a date with me. Just think about it, the captain of the cheerleading team and the school's quarterback player together instead of hanging out with the likes of him." Sam said. He most likely directed his speech to his friends. Although it was clear he wanted Drake to hear every word.

"Sasha wouldn't be interested in someone like you." Drake muttered.

"What was that?" Sam violently grabbed him by the shirt collar.

Drake knew better than to fightback. Last time he did, he was lucky not to have been suspended. Even if they threw the first punch and Drake won the fight, he'd be in trouble since it would have been three people's words against one.

"Forget him. Come on. Let's get out of here. I'm tired of talking to this loser." Dante said.

Sam let go. "You got lucky this time." Then the three of them left Drake alone once again.

Drake tried not to let it get to him. However, a part of him felt like what they said was true. He wasn't really all that tough and being the only boy in a group of girls. He never really felt like he fit in. That was when his phone vibrated. Drake looked at his phone and noticed Sasha had sent him a message.

Hey Drake

I am with Anne right now let's meet up at the Money Coffee

Drake typed a reply.

Ok I just need to drop off my stuff. Then I'll see you there.

Also tell Anne I said happy birthday.

😃

Coincidentally the final bell rang just after Drake hit the send button. He grabbed his backpack and left school. He knew exactly where to go. It took him quite a while to get to the cafe since he had to walk all the way there. He found Anne and Sasha sitting at a table drinking shakes. Anne waved at him while he took a seat.