Chapter 80: From Queen to Prisoner

"My queen! The enemy has breached the walls and are flooding in!" a toad soldier yelled.

"Send the last of our reserves into battle and signal the vultures to attack," Sasha ordered.

"I'll take care of this personally!" Grime ran off to join the defense.

She looked down at the map once again. The toads were stretched to capacity, trying to defend the entire wall at once. Her army may have the numbers advantage, but the loyalists were putting up a good fight.

Suddenly an explosion occurred nearby. Sasha could see there was another breach in the walls and the nearby troops began to rout. She stood up, something needed to happen otherwise the battle would be lost. She found a nearby flag symbolizing the rebellion and waved it into the air to rally her troops.

"Do not retreat! Push forward!" Sasha yelled as she ran past her soldiers towards the enemy. She was able to rally a group of them who turned around and flooded into the breach. This stopped the enemy in their tracks.

Loud flapping could be heard above, and vultures circled overhead. Drake's vultures were finally here to turn the tide. Sasha and much of the army on both sides stopped fighting to watch as they carried boulders into battle. The rebel's awe turned to horror as they unleashed their payload, not on the loyalists but on the toad rebels.

Drake's forces had betrayed them. Why? Why would they turn on them at this moment? Where was Drake? A part of her regretted sending Drake away as she had a lot of questions. Questions he likely only had the answer to.

The toad rebels began to rout once again. The panic spread quickly as the entire army began to either drop their weapons and surrender or run for their lives. The front line had collapsed.

Sasha waved the flag once again to rally the troops, but it was no use. She looked behind her and saw Bog's spider cavalry coming in her direction.

"My queen watch out!" her champion Kharak called out. He quickly moved to get between her and a charging spider cavalryman. He threw an axe at the cavalryman which bounced off the armor. Then the cavalryman's lance pierced into him, killing him instantly.

Sasha could see the writing on the wall, the Battle of Newtopia was over. She dropped the flag and prepared to surrender. The enemy soldiers slowly approached from all sides, preparing to take her into custody.

Deep below the seas, Drake and Nyx were entering the snapdragon's coral palace. He had been silent the entire trip, listening to the sea life outside the bubble of air surrounding his head. His mind kept returning to the battle he had fled from.

They entered through the front door, immediately getting dry from the giant magical bubble of air preventing the sea from flooding the whole palace. It was still rather humid despite that.

The witch Kass was there to meet them at the door. "You're back! Did you win?" she asked, standing up from a couch.

"No, we've been betrayed by the grubhog. The vultures turned on us and our army was defeated. I have no doubt the loyalists would come here sometime soon," Drake explained.

"I see... come with me. We've got something just for you," Kass said.

She led the group to a large empty room. It looked like a theatre without any seats. The other witches of her coven were already assembled around a large bowl filled with clear liquid. Scattered around the room were smaller bowls filled with wet clay.

Kass stood on the other side of the bowl. "This is a very special spell. You can use this to create an army of your own. We were hoping to cast it before the battle but... well it's a little late for that."