Chapter 57: Drake's Thirteenth Birthday

Sasha snuck into the Plantar's attic with a bucket full of water. She remembered having to wake up early each day to train back when she lived at Toad Tower. The first mornings were the most annoying. Luckily, this time she would be the one acting as the alarm clock.

Drake was suddenly awoken by a splash of water falling on top of him.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" Sasha yelled, holding an empty bucket.

"Urggh... not now..." Drake moaned.

"Come on you grump! The clock is ticking!" Sasha said.

"Grr... okay fine." Drake said, standing up.

Sasha dragged Drake out of the attic and down to the living room. There, Anne and Marcy sat.

"Happy birthday!" Anne screamed when she saw him.

Drake smiled. "Thanks girls."

"So Drake, I've come up with an itinerary of activities to celebrate your birthday." Marcy unfurled a scroll that went from the couch to the floor.

Drake took one look at the list. "You really thought this through."

Marcy rolled up the scroll. "Yep, now let's go. Today's schedule is really tight."

"I don't know guys. I was hoping today would be a quiet day you know?" Drake protested.

"Drake, this is your thirteenth birthday. How often do you get a chance to spend it in another world?" Sasha asked.

"I guess not that often..." Drake answered.

"Exactly, so let's make this one special." Sasha started pushing Drake out the door.

"Bye Hop Pop! We'll be back tonight!" Anne called out as everyone left.

After they left, they proceeded with Marcy's schedule. They went all around Wartwood performing various activities. The four friends hung out at a beach, taking care not to go in for a dip inside the lake at Anne's request.

Drake would never forget the massage he got from Tuti the town healer and part time bounty hunter. It was somehow relaxing and incredibly painful since she broke his arms and legs in ways he could never have imagined.

It ended with the four teens in the woods. It was starting to get dark which was perfect for the final event.

"Alright Drake, you're going to love this one. A lightshow using ritual magic." Marcy explained.

Drake was looking around nervously. "I don't know if we should be out here."

"Why? I thought you liked light shows." Anne said.

"I do... it's just, something feels off. It's too quiet." Drake replied.

"Are you afraid of the dark now?" Sasha teased.

"Please take this seriously." Drake begged.

"Don't worry Drake. We'll watch the lightshow and then we'll be right back home, ready to open your presents before you know it." Marcy said.

Drake heard something hitting wood and stopped in his tracks. "Guys stop. Did you hear that?"

"You worry too much. Now come on, we don't want to be late." Anne said. The girls continued walking forward.

"No wait-"

Suddenly a tree fell in front of the group. Then a group of frogs stepped out.

"Well, look what we have here." one of them said.

Another frog walked forward, presumably their leader. She looked at Drake. "That's him alright."

"Me?" Drake pointed at himself.