Part 2

You tried to stay calm when the man called security and looked at you again

You tried to stay calm when the man called security and looked at you again. You already knew what he was thinking.

"I- I'm not here to steal anything." You mumbled out.

"And I'm supposed to believe you?"The man asked. "Put the file on the table." He ordered you and you did as he said just as a tall, muscular guy from the security walked inside.

"This is so embarrassing", you thought to yourself, making a mental note to talk to Natasha about the situation she put you in.

"Look, I wasn't trying to steal anything." You told the security guy, who grabbed the file off the table and handed it to another man, who immediately opened it.

"But you were. This is the drawing for my new patent. I knew it. Hammer sent you, didn't he?"

"Who- Who's Hammer?"You asked as the security pulled you to your feet. "I can explain this, okay? I was sent here by-"

"Hammer."

"No! Who is that Hammer guy?"You asked as the security took your bag to look through it. "You keep mentioning him. Natasha Romanoff, she works here, right? Well, she asked me to come over here and grab this for her 'cause she forgot it."

"That's a nice little story. I'm calling Romanoff to come here and confirm it. If what you're telling me is true, you won't have to worry, right?"

"No, don't call her!"You quickly said, knowing she'll probably be fired.

"So, you are a thief?" The man asked you, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not!"

"So, I'm texting Romanoff to drop everything and come here. End of story."He said, quickly typing the message out and sending it while you sighed. "What did you find in her bag?"

"Just some weird symbols and", he was digging more into your bag and you watched as he pulled out two batteries. You rolled your eyes.

"What symbols?" The man approached the security guy, who took out your notebook and you bit on your lip, trying to not burst out into laughter. The security opened your notebook and showed the symbols to the man.

"Those are chemical reactions, for fuck's sake, Jeremy!" The man sighed."Stop embarrassing me!"

"That's right, I study chemistry, and, uh... those batteries are dead."You said. "You won't find anything in that bag."

"You, take that bag." The man ordered before he quickly crossed over the room towards you and grabbed you under the arm. "And you're coming with me."

"Hey, let go of me!" You tried to get him to let go of you with your other hand, but he was much stronger than you.

Before you could process what was happening, you were dragged out of Nat's office and he took you down the hall before he opened the door to one of the offices, and you could see the name of the CEO on the door of the office you just stepped in.

"Take a seat." He said as the security walked in behind you, dropping off your bag before he went back to his job.

"What are we doing here? You seriously brought me here to talk to the CEO? Over this?"

The man had an amused smile on his face as he walked behind the table that held various drinks. Only by the names on the bottles, you could see they were some expensive ones. He glanced at you before pouring himself a drink in a glass. "What was I supposed to do, let you walk away?"

"Exactly. Because I didn't steal anything. And since we're here already, I'll complain to the CEO about how I was just treated." You crossed your arms as you glared at him, raising an eyebrow when you saw his lips curving into a smile.

"Oh, will you now?" He asked, loosening his tie and looking at you over the rim of the glass as he took a sip of the drink.

"Yes, I will." You said. "I was helping a friend in trouble."

"We'll see about that when Romanoff gets here. If she says she doesn't know you, I'll hand you over to the police."He said, before making his way over to you. You took a step back, carefully watching his every step. He placed the glass on the cabinet before he continued to walk towards you.

Your jaw clenched and you held your head up high, not wanting him to think you were afraid of him.

He made his way behind you and you looked over your shoulder when you felt his hands touch the sides of your body.

"What the hell are you doing?" You asked him.

"Relax, I want to check your pockets. You could've stuffed something in there as well."

"My pockets are a bit lower."You said.

He smirked before his hands made their way to the front of your body and he placed his hands in both of your pockets, making your lips part.

He soon pulled his hands out, both empty.

You looked at him with a smug look on your face. Just then, the doors opened and the familiar redhead was rushing inside.

"Y/N, what happened?"She asked you before she noticed the man behind you, who took his drink in his hand and moved to sit behind the table."Mr. Stark, I'm so sorry about everything."

"Stark?!" You asked her, your eyes widening in realization. You looked to the man again, only to see the smirk on his face. "As in... the CEO?"

Natasha nodded.

"You still gonna complain?"He asked.

"Oh well", you moved to stand in front of the table, " That depends on what you do next. If you let me go, maybe I won't."He wasn't the only one you could complain to, right? There had to be someone who would listen to you.

"Let's see... " He leaned back in his chair and looked to Natasha."Do you know this girl?"

"Yes, of course I know her." Natasha said.

"And you sent her here for this?" He slid the file towards you and Natasha, and you both looked at the drawing of his newest patent.

"Yes. I'm so sorry, boss, I forgot it and I didn't have anyone else to ask."Natasha apologized while you glared daggers at the man.

"Case closed."You said.

"Right." The man stood up."Turns out, what you were saying is true. I would like to apologize to you..."He only then realized he doesn't know your name. He expected you to say it, but you were quiet.

"Y/N. It's Y/N." Natasha quickly said.

"Well, I am deeply sorry, Miss Y/N." He said.

"Right. Can I go now?" You asked and he shrugged.

"I don't have anything against it." He said.

"Finally." You snatched your bag off his table and turned around, walking towards the door.

"We'll talk about this later, Miss Romanoff." Tony told Natasha. "Now, make sure Miss Y/N safely finds her way out."

It wasn't long before Natasha was walking right next to you. You looked at her and shook your head. "I'm gonna kill you."

"I'm sorry." She said as she opened the door for you.

Tony smirked, watching your retreating figure.