Part 10

You almost ran from the bar in an attempt to get away from Tony, who kept following you. He was quick to catch up with you and pull you by your wrist, making you turn to look at him.

"Where are you going?" He asked and you took a better look at him, only to see his expensive suit wet from the drink you threw at him.

"None of your business." Your voice was cold when you replied.

"Can you listen to me?" He asked again.

"No, I can't." You said, trying to get him to release your hand, but he kept holding on tightly.

"Look, I don't appreciate you throwing drinks on me-"

"Oh really, what did you want me to do?" You asked sarcastically. "Maybe I should've been happy you kept acting like an ass."

He looked at you with a stern glare, "-But", he continued his previous sentence, "I'll let it slide this time."

"Wow." You chuckled to yourself. "You really are something else."

"Can we talk peacefully? With no drinks being thrown at me."

"Let me think." You said sarcastically again, but before you could say anything again Tony had pulled you into a small, empty street between two buildings.

He stood so close in front of you as your back was resting against the wall of one building and you looked up at his eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He told you, trying to find the right words to excuse his behaviour. "I get it. I was an ass. And I'm sorry for treating you like that, you didn't deserve it. But, I need your help now and I'll do whatever you ask me to do. Just help me this once."

"Would you even come here if you didn't need help from me?" You asked, looking into his eyes. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes scanned over your face.

"Of course." He nodded, but you could still see he was unsure about the whole thing. "I told you Bruce also asked when you're starting."

You let out a quiet chuckle at his response, expecting it to be different. You expected him to say he came there because he wanted to apologize to you, not because Bruce asked when you're starting. "I'm done with this." You went to push him away and just go back to your apartment, but his hands on your waist stopped you, pushing you back against the wall.

"No, no, stop. Hear me out. I'm really sorry you felt like that."

"Because you made me feel like it!"You were almost shouting now. The way he didn't even take responsibility for his own actions was annoying you. You didn't even want to talk to him, yet you were forced to.

Tony bit on his lip and sighed as he tried to think of what to say. "I - I'm not good with words."

"Obviously."You said, pushing his hands away from you. "I need to go."

"What?"

"I need to go. I can't look at you any longer." You said, moving to walk past him and this time, he let you.

"So, that means you won't help me?"He asked.

"I won't. Come and find me when you're ready to apologize, Tony."You told him before walking away, leaving Tony to stand alone in the dark street, looking after your retreating figure.

Half an hour later, you walked into your apartment and kicked off your shoes before walking into the living room, where you found Natasha sitting on the couch and typing on her laptop. She looked up when you entered. "Hey."

"Hey, Nat." You smiled at her before walking into the kitchen to take a bottle of water. "When did you come back?"

"Just a few minutes ago." She replied, taking a better look at you when you came out of the kitchen. "Are you okay?"

You cleared your throat and wiped off your lips. "I am. Why?"

"I don't know." Natasha shrugged."You just look... upset."

You forced yourself to smile. "No, I'm okay."

"You'd tell me if something is happening, right?"

"Of course I would." You told her. "I'll, uh, go to my room and study for a bit. See you later."

Natasha looked after you, shaking her head. She knew something was happening, but she didn't want to force you into telling her.