Part 16

The next day, Tony texted you, asking you to come to his company because he wanted to see you. You arrived earlier than he told you, and decided to wait on the first floor. Bruce saw you there and offered to make you company, and also show you around the lab. You accepted, genuinely interested in the lab. It was ten minutes later and Bruce was showing you the equipment inside of it when Tony appeared. He leaned against the door as he watched you laugh with Bruce.

He crossed his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes as he tried to figure out what was happening.

"I think Tony should've let you work here." Bruce said, getting too close to you for Tony's liking. "I need an assistant, anyway. There's too much work and I can't do it all alone."

"Yeah, I know." You said.

"I'm sorry for asking, but uh... are you two dating?" Bruce asked, and you turned to face him, trying to think of what to say.

"We, uh... "You accidentally looked towards the door and saw Tony. You breathed out in relief, thankful you didn't have to answer Bruce's question now. "Tony."

"Y/N." He said your name with his deep voice that instantly made you wet. He gestured with his fingers for you to follow him and you rushed after him when you said goodbye to Bruce.

You caught up with him once he was stood in the elevator, and you stood next to him. Tony pressed the button to his floor and you saw his jaw clench.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

He was quiet.

"Tony, I-"

"I'm fine, Y/N." Tony replied, cutting you off.

"You're angry about something." You replied. The doors were about to close when a group of Tony's employees walked in, all greeting him. You closed your mouth, only sometimes glancing at Tony as the elevator started to move.

The door opened again three floors later. Only you and Tony were in the elevator now, and you glanced at Tony again.

"Tony-"

He cut you off again, slamming you against the wall as he kissed you harshly. You let out a moan on his lips when you felt him squeeze your waist. His tongue slid inside your mouth, while his hand held the back of your neck.

You felt his bulge rubbing against your inner thigh while you kissed. Eventually, his lips travelled down to your neck and his hand started to make its way under your dress, but you stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"We're not having sex in an elevator."You told him and Tony breathed out before he pulled away from you. You fixed your dress and hair before you came to stand next to him again.

"I'm sorry." Tony said and you nodded.

"What's happening?"

"I don't like seeing you with Bruce."He finally said, and you let out a chuckle when you processed his words.

"I... Are you jealous?" You asked him, and Tony turned to look at you.

"What? Of course not."

"You sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. We're not together, Y/N. We're not dating." You looked away from him and to the floor when he said it. He was right, you knew it. You weren't dating him. Still, the way he said it hurt. It was like he would never actually be with you.

Tony saw your reaction and bit on his tongue when he realized what he said. He caught feelings for you already, but he would never admit it. He never had time for any relationships, his work always came first. That was why the relationships never worked out. Now, he knew how it'd end up and it was easier for him to just deny the fact he had feelings. He only let you boss him around because he cared for you. He would do anything you wanted him to, but he would never admit that.

"I didn't mean it like that." He spoke up after a few seconds of silence. In the meantime, the elevator had stopped and you both walked out.

"It's fine." You nodded, lips pressed in a tight line. "I need to go. I got a lecture starting soon."

"Wait!" Tony said as Pepper approached you. She carried a bag, that she gave to Tony, smiling at you in greeting before she walked away.

"What is that?" You asked him.

"I got this for you." Tony said, offering you the bag.

"Thank you." You said and took the bag before you stepped in the elevator. You smiled at Tony and the doors closed. He let out a sigh and let his hand rub over his face. He thought he screwed it all up again.

"I need something strong." Tony said and walked into his office. Pepper looked after him and shook her head, a smile on her face.