Part 9

The days went by without you saying anything about what happened between you and Tony to Natasha. It probably would've caused some tension or problems between the two, and the last thing you wanted was for your best friend to lose her job because of you.

You got yourself a new job and things were going good for you.

It was later in the afternoon when you were wiping the dust and some spilled drinks off the bar when someone sat behind it. The strong masculine scent hit you immediately.

"Can I have a glass of whiskey, neat?"The man asked.

"Of course-" You looked up and the smile immediately disappeared from your face. "It's you."

"You look disappointed to see me."Tony said.

"Believe me, I am." You threw the cloth down and turned around to grab a glass.

"Banner was wondering when his new assistant is gonna start working?"He leaned forward more.

You shrugged, keeping your back turned towards him. "I don't know, why don't you go and ask them instead of asking me?"

"Y/N." He said, sounding serious. You let out a sigh and turned towards him.

"What?"

"We need to talk."He said.

"Do we? About what? About how you didn't have the balls to face me the other day? Sure, let's talk."

Tony looked around to see if anyone heard you. He noticed one man sitting at the other end of the bar and he was pretending not to listen to the conversation between you two.

"Well, talk." You leaned forward, and Tony licked over his lower lip as he tried to think of what to say.

"I... That was just for one night."

Your eyes widened as you tried to process his words. "What did you just say?"

"It was just for one night, wasn't it? We both had fun and now it's time for business. Nobody got hurt."

You remembered you actually thought you were getting somewhere with him.

"So you didn't have courage to tell me that, so you sent Pepper? Mm-hm, very mature of you."

"I-"

"No. Don't talk right now. Do you have any idea how I felt when I woke up to an empty bed, and then when I got home I got a message from my bank?"That very same day, Tony had paid you off, fully.

He looked down at the table, realizing how the situation looked.

"I'm not going to be a fucking escort to you, Tony Stark. That wasn't the deal."You added, making him look up at you. "And I won't allow you to make me feel like that ever again."

"I won't, I promise."

"Yes, you won't because this", you gestured between you and him, " is never happening again, so you won't get the chance. I helped you, you paid me. End of the story. Why are you even here?"

"I tried to contact you, but you blocked me, so I came here. This is gonna sound like I don't care about what you just told me, how you felt and all, but I do. I care. Just... I need you to help me again."

You looked at him, your face serious for a few moments before you bursted out in laughter. "I can't believe you."

He tried to grab your hand, but you pulled away immediately.

"That's not my problem anymore."You said. "Find someone else."

"No, I need you. How would it look like if I showed up with some other girl?"

You shrugged, "You show up in magazines with different girls every night. Would it really be a problem for you?"

"I can't-" He let out a long sigh. "Look, we can't talk here. I don't want the whole bar to know about our business."

You raised an eyebrow at him as he talked.

"I know it wasn't fair how I left you that night. I just thought that you could handle rejection and I know that you maybe had some feelings but-"

"Oh my God." You threw the cloth at his face and he ducked his head, the cloth falling on the floor. "Do you hear yourself? Feelings? Do you really need to have feelings for someone to treat them like a human being?"

"Look, I'm gonna be honest now. If you think I do cuddles after doing the deed, let me tell you-"He looked at your face and trailed off.

"Go on." You crossed your arms over your chest.

"No." He slowly said.

"You're doing a great job at getting yourself into more shit."

He undid one button on his shirt to get more air. "Can I have that drink?"

"Sure." You turned towards the other man behind the bar and grabbed his glass. "Please excuse me, sir."You turned towards Tony before throwing the drink in his face and placed the glass back on the bar. "There. Enjoy your drink. My shift is over."

You bent down under the bar and grabbed your bag before walking towards the door.

After recovering from the shock, Tony grabbed a few napkins off the table and ran after you.