Just Stop Pretending

Still trying to comprehend what just happened, Mondo began to question if he really did just come out just now... depends what guy? Really? He thought his own answer was pathetic. Such a cop out answer. It was a simple yes or no, but still, that answer was accurate. Mondo didn't just find any random guy attractive, it was only Ishimaru that made him question. Clearing his throat, Mondo then looks back at the other "so... what about you Mr Perfect? You seemed pretty comfortable with me and the whole shower thing. Is that because you like guys? Or... are you really just that strong of a believer in spirits being more clear naked?" He chuckles.

"I meant what I said you know! Getting along with people and knowing how someone is is really important to me. I'm comfortable enough with myself, so I'm perfectly comfortable with others bodies too. Is that so wrong?" Ishimaru questioned, then taking a bite of his toast "and no I'm not sure yet... my family, they're really strict. Old fashioned... so no I don't like men- it's easier to be what other people want, you know? It saves me a lot of trouble." He looks down at his plate as he continues to eat.

Hearing that Ishimaru might have internalised homophobia towards himself was heartbreaking for Mondo. He understood why someone like him might hold back, and now having context on his personal life... it made him understand more why Ishimaru acted the way he did. Why he was scared the first day they met of getting into trouble. It was because of his home life... he had no idea what the other went through, he didn't really want to know, but he was safe now. "Hey. Look at me." Mondo lifted the others chin "don't keep hiding yourself to please others. You're with me now ok? I don't care who you like just stop pretending to be someone else. You're cool no matter what, ok bro?" He gently punched his chest "now cheer up. I was thinking about taking you out to get some ice cream or something but there's no way imma do that if you're just gonna mope all day!" He stood up, grinning.

Smiling a little, Ishimaru then nodded "you're right..." he watched Mondo as he turned around to wash the plates. Coming up behind him, Ishimaru then squeezed Mondo into a hug "you're cool too. I didn't know you could be so soppy though, are you always this concerned or am I just special?"

"If you don't shut up I'm never going to comfort you again." Mondo chuckles, gently pinching Ishimaru's arm "now piss off and find something temporary to wear. We need to get you your own clothes so you won't be hogging mine all the time."

Pausing, Ishimaru rests his head on Mondo's back "does that mean we need to go to mine...?"

Sighing, Mondo then rests his hand on top of Ishimaru's "look. I know you might be scared to go back after not returning the day you got detention... but if you want to stay with me, and you're allowed to, then we need to get as much of your stuff as we can. I'll be there with you, we'll be super fast ok?" He promised.

Nodding understandably, Ishimaru then let go of Mondo and smiles awkwardly. Perhaps he's getting a little too touchy "thanks- Umm... you're the best bro." He then ran off to the bedroom, still feeling nervous as he searched through the clothes. Not that long together and already he was falling...